Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's after antibiotics, anyone else?

03-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #31
CheerBear12
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
The same thing happened to me I'd had three sets of antibiotics in a few months problematic wisdom tooth and ever since starting them I had the runs and it just wouldn't stop no matter what I did. I'd suffered 4 months before I went to the doctor he gave me Imodium! I took it a week and then I got admitted to hospital with severe pains in my stomach mainly left side and I was going at least 20 times a day if not more. They put me on pred, flagyl, infliximab 1 infusion. Nothing was working I was getting sicker and sicker pain by this point had spread to all of my stomach. By this point I was going 30-40 times a day. I eventually had to have a sub total colectomy with ileostomy it was too save my life my large bowel could of burst at any time which of killed me at anytime. My surgeon said my bowel was the worst he had seen and I'm sure it had something to do with the antibiotics and Imodium I had been given I won't ever know for sure as I have been diagnosed with indeterminate colitis I had symptoms of both ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease. They thought I had severe uc at first until had second opinion. I'm due to get my rectum and anus removed in 8 weeks i feel i don't have a choice with my diagnosis I spent 6 weeks in hospital.
03-02-2013, 11:19 PM   #32
Guest2383

As Ive mentioned in previous posts, My CD developed post- operatively emergency appendectomy, bowel resection & peritonitis]. Whilst in hospital, feeling somewhat knocked around, I was given IV Flagyl [Metronidazole]. On discharge this medication was maintained at 750 mg TDS for a further 21 days.
I recall having a very sore ulcerated tongue resultant from this antibiotic

Curiously, Flagyl is contraindicated for people having CD. Before the operation, I was priorly asymptomatic of Crohn's or any other gut problems.

Although, this occurred over 18 years ago, I wonder whether Flagyl may have been the genie that opened a dormant CD bottle?
03-03-2013, 01:04 AM   #33
aloe

My Support Groups:
I was on tetracycline as a teen for acne, and was diagnosed with Crohn's at 19. The doctors always ask me a lot about that, so I've been thinking it's probably what pushed it over the edge. But not everyone who takes antibiotics gets it. My brother also took tetracycline, and he hasn't gotten it. So we must have some weakness on board and the antibiotics help trigger it.
03-03-2013, 06:16 AM   #34
JohnnyRottenAppleseed

Zpack causes me to flare and cipro/flagyl knock the flare out immediately
For me. Weird, eh?
03-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #35
Ihurt

My Support Groups:
I am fairly certain that crohns is caused by a bacteia. I mean when people are given antibitoics, what happens? The good gut flora are wiped out and if there are too many bad bacterias left, well they take over and cause massive damage. Also I think even a bout of gastroenteritis can cause crohns as well, I mean anything that alters the gut flora in any way has the potential to cause crohns or other digestive diseases ( i.e. antibitoics, surgery, stomach viruses, etc.).

I have been having all kinds of gut issues for the last two years. Well I have also been on low dose antibitoics to prevent the bad UTI's I get as I have IC bladder as well. I am not diagnosed yet( gastro thinks IBS), I dont think it is IBS though. NOt with how much pain I am in. I still have to do tests. But anyhow, I also noticed that after my husband brought home the intestinal flu 2 years ago, that is when my intestinal pain really took off and got bad. I always take high doses of probitoics every day( over 50 billiion) just to help my gut out. I mean especially since I have to be on low dose antibiotics. Anyone who ever takes any kind of antibitoic should always be on probitoics. I dont know why doctors do not tell their patients to take probiotics when they prescribe antibitoics. THey know how much harm antibiotics can and do cause...I just dont get it.
03-03-2013, 12:58 PM   #36
Sarah50

My Support Groups:
I was on strong antibiotics 3 times last year for an infection in a tooth and dental surgery. I didn't even eat yogurt, never mind take probiotics - and I agree with you, Ihurt, that all of us with or without crohns or UC should be taking probiotics regularly to keep the gut flora balanced. I had a lot of stress last fall so between the antibiotics and stress..... I contracted crohn's.

You also need to buy a good probiotic that needs to be refrigerated and has a mix of bacteria, as far as I read. I found my probiotics through a naturopath who had his manufactured and wrote a lot about probiotics and why you need them. They're called NWC Naturals "Pro-Biotics Plus". Each tablet contains 5.5 billion bacteria, 12 stabilized strains and chelated zinc. If you check out the website, check out his video on probiotics. He's written books, too.

http://nwcnaturals.com/
03-03-2013, 03:26 PM   #37
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
I was having solid stools for a while and needed antibiotics for an upper respiratory infection. Since then I have had non stop diarrhea even after using high dose probiotics.
03-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #38
Ihurt

My Support Groups:
which probiotic were you using? Did it have at least more than 12 different strains of bacteria in it? Also was it refridgerated? There is also a probiotic out there called florastor.It is actually a yeast base probiotic. It is suppose to help with balancing the gut flora. You can take it along with other probiotics. I know some people will buy the acidophilis over the counter at their local pharmacy. That will not work. You need to be taking one that has Many different strains of bacteria in it... Antibiotics are such a curse. I hate the fact that we have to use them.. I swear they are the real cause of a lot of the diseases and infections that are out there today. They are the blessing and the curse!

I was having solid stools for a while and needed antibiotics for an upper respiratory infection. Since then I have had non stop diarrhea even after using high dose probiotics.
03-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #39
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
I was using the 200 billion probiotic by Renew Life. It made my symptoms worse and I would not recommend it.

http://www.renewlife.com/ultimate-fl...0-billion.html

I now started on Healthy Trinity by Natren. http://www.natren.com/mm5/merchant.m...egory_Code=019
03-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #40
Ihurt

My Support Groups:
Wow, I am actually taking the 50 billion by renewlife, have been for years now. I guess that just goes to show that everyone is different. I do know that some people can have issues if they start taking huge doses of probiotics right away. Sometimes you have to wean on to them like take the smaller amounts and then work your way up. But again, some people can actually get diarreha from taking probitoics. Have you maybe tried a different brand of probitoic? So sorry you had that kind of reaction. Were you taking the probitoics while you were on the antibiotic?? And were you spacing the probitoics at least 3 hours from taking the antibitoic? How is this new probitoic working for you so far??

I was using the 200 billion probiotic by Renew Life. It made my symptoms worse and I would not recommend it.

http://www.renewlife.com/ultimate-fl...0-billion.html

I now started on Healthy Trinity by Natren. http://www.natren.com/mm5/merchant.m...egory_Code=019
03-03-2013, 05:12 PM   #41
randy.stand

Guys I'm a Nurse and whilst its only rumours and nothing concrete about the link between anti biotics and crohns I have heard it. I'm a crohns sufferer too, back in remission for about 8 months. Now, I have a really bad chest infection. I need to take amoxicillin, just a weeks course, I've always suffered from chest infections before that flare a year ago and never went into a flare after. You reckon they are ok to take? There is no official problems with taking Antibiotics whilst on Crohns treatment but suffering here, can barely breathe and need to know where I should take them...?
03-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #42
JohnnyRottenAppleseed

Shhhhh. They have $26,000 a year Humira to sell. ;-). I've posted before that I flare after a zpack and cipro/flagyl knocks out my flare in 3 days. I'm thinking C diff. Also I started a thread about the gut biome projects going on sequencing gut bacteria. It's a crowd sourced health study I am a part of. I will definitely be taking samples when symptom free and after a flare.
03-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #43
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
I hurt I took the 50 billion version too and didn't have the same painful cramps but it didn't help me out.

I'm on my second day of Healthy Trinity so I have no clue just yet.
03-03-2013, 05:33 PM   #44
JohnnyRottenAppleseed

I'm starting to think (based in self experimentation) that probiotics help but if there is serious overgrowth of bad bacteria then it won't help that much. I think that based on taking probiotics while flaring and not noticing major results until after nuking my gut with cipro/ flagyl and then resuming probiotics. S Boulardi is supposed to help keep bad bacteria under control I would try that stuff you guys. It's supposed to be good against c diff.
03-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #45
Sarah50

My Support Groups:
Guys I'm a Nurse and whilst its only rumours and nothing concrete about the link between anti biotics and crohns I have heard it. I'm a crohns sufferer too, back in remission for about 8 months. Now, I have a really bad chest infection. I need to take amoxicillin, just a weeks course, I've always suffered from chest infections before that flare a year ago and never went into a flare after. You reckon they are ok to take? There is no official problems with taking Antibiotics whilst on Crohns treatment but suffering here, can barely breathe and need to know where I should take them...?
Yes, I would definitely take antibiotics if they're needed, like for your bad chest infection. You should be on Probiotics at the same time or definitely after taking the antibiotics. Make sure you get a brand that has to be refrigerated, and has a mix of bacteria. I'll give you a link to what I use - recommended by a naturopath doctor, "Pro-Biotics Plus":

Puts Back What Antibiotics Kill Off
Boosting Natural Immune Defenses
Supports Digestive Health
Supports Good Regularity and Bowel Function
Soothes effects of occasional heartburn
Pre-Biotics with 5.5 Billion CFUs per Tablet

http://nwcnaturals.com/featured/pro-...chewables.html
03-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #46
JohnnyRottenAppleseed

I always take yogurt and probiotics after antibiotics. My pediatrician always told me to eat yogurt while on antibiotics.
03-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #47
CheerBear12
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I had activia after stopping antibiotics never worked nothing did only surgery. I regret having antibiotics now understably I'm wary of them now the last set were really strong.
03-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #48
Ihurt

My Support Groups:
Yes, that is what I take daily, it is S buallardi ( I use the brand name florastor). They also have one by Jarrow that is suppose to be pretty good. I started taking it daily almost a year and half ago since I have to be on low dose antibitoics to prevent severe UTI's I was getting. I guess the S buallardi is suppose to hold the bad bacteria at bay ( s buallardi is a type of yeast, it is also suppose to help weed out Candida overgrowth as well). And yes, I have heard it helps with C-diff too.

The only odd thing is that there are some people can take tons of antibiotics and be fine. I just dont get it. I mean I know I talked to a physician about it once at length wondering if antibiotics are linked to crohns and other digestive issues. This doctor told me that crohns has been linked in "babies and toddlers" who have used antibiotics. He said likely because their digestive tracts were not developed enough. But another odd thing is that crohns seems to be on the rise. I think there are a lot of possible causes to Crohn's. I mean the crap that is put in out food may be a huge factor as well. I mean I try and eat only organic vegetables and fruits if and when I eat them. I only eat meats( chicken or turkey or fish) that is raised free without antibitoics and hormones. No GMO's.

Anyhow, it is pretty scary.

I'm starting to think (based in self experimentation) that probiotics help but if there is serious overgrowth of bad bacteria then it won't help that much. I think that based on taking probiotics while flaring and not noticing major results until after nuking my gut with cipro/ flagyl and then resuming probiotics. S Boulardi is supposed to help keep bad bacteria under control I would try that stuff you guys. It's supposed to be good against c diff.
03-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #49
nibnobsam

g_1988, it's interesting you say you developed Crohn's after taking antibiotics. I'm currently doing my final year project on Crohn's and taking antibiotics could have opened the doors to your Crohn's disease. It is likely you were already genetically susceptible, but changing the delicate balance of your intestinal flora can have affects on the disease. How exactly it's related is unknown, but their is a balance between your gut bacteria, gut immunity, genetics and other environmental factors. How old were you when you started having diarrhea?

My Crohn's disease just developed out of the blue when I was 16, no known trigger.
07-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #50
unitydnk

My Support Groups:
Mine started after using OTC probotics for the first time. interesting.
07-25-2013, 07:07 PM   #51
Ihurt

My Support Groups:
Wow, that is unusual. Did you by chance take antibiotics before taking the probiotics?

Mine started after using OTC probotics for the first time. interesting.
07-26-2013, 02:57 AM   #52
unitydnk

My Support Groups:
6 months before but I am researching whether yeast over growth may be a trigger. Killing the bacteria with antibiotics would open a gate for yeast to have a hay day.
to be honest I was doing a colon cleanse but the bleeding started after i started the probotics. IDK but I will be trying a candida diet to kill as much yeast as I can. It is worth a try
07-26-2013, 08:37 AM   #53
Aphrodite_x

My Support Groups:
I was taking the tablets Champix for help stopping smoking. Side effects included blood in stools, inflammation of the stomach etc. I got these side effects and they never ever left me. Was dx about 6 months later.

When I first mentioned it to my consultant, she kind of brushed it under the carpet. Got the feeling I wasnt the first person to bring it up
07-26-2013, 08:58 AM   #54
Ihurt

My Support Groups:
Wow, I believe a lot of meds out there CAN cause diseases and such. The doctors and Pharma do not like to admit this though. I mean I have yet to see a doctor admit that a simple medication can and does cause serious illness and issues for people. I have lots of health issues and got sick back in 2003 with a nasty virus( caused by a flu shot) that totally messed up my immune system. I mean I take it back, I did have agree that the flu shot did cause me to get sick. All the other doctors poo-pooed it saying the flu shot cant make you sick, blah, blah, blah...

Then the one doctor I was seeing said that it is true, the flu shot will not give you the flu, BUT he said what they don't tell you is that your immune system may react to the vaccine and that can make you VERY sick. Don't you just love it when doctors do not bother telling people these things??? Well ever since I got that shot I have had so many health issues happening to me. It was like the domino effect. So yeah, I truly believe any drug can cause serious issues for anyone. I mean why It happens to some and not others I think depends on a persons immune system and body make up I guess and also whether the person is pre-genetically disposed to getting these diseases.

I was taking the tablets Champix for help stopping smoking. Side effects included blood in stools, inflammation of the stomach etc. I got these side effects and they never ever left me. Was dx about 6 months later.

When I first mentioned it to my consultant, she kind of brushed it under the carpet. Got the feeling I wasnt the first person to bring it up
07-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #55
Aphrodite_x

My Support Groups:
Wow, I believe a lot of meds out there CAN cause diseases and such. The doctors and Pharma do not like to admit this though. I mean I have yet to see a doctor admit that a simple medication can and does cause serious illness and issues for people. I have lots of health issues and got sick back in 2003 with a nasty virus( caused by a flu shot) that totally messed up my immune system. I mean I take it back, I did have agree that the flu shot did cause me to get sick. All the other doctors poo-pooed it saying the flu shot cant make you sick, blah, blah, blah...

Then the one doctor I was seeing said that it is true, the flu shot will not give you the flu, BUT he said what they don't tell you is that your immune system may react to the vaccine and that can make you VERY sick. Don't you just love it when doctors do not bother telling people these things??? Well ever since I got that shot I have had so many health issues happening to me. It was like the domino effect. So yeah, I truly believe any drug can cause serious issues for anyone. I mean why It happens to some and not others I think depends on a persons immune system and body make up I guess and also whether the person is pre-genetically disposed to getting these diseases.
What was strange is that my dad was taking the same tablets for stopping smoking and he had the same symptoms. He ended up with gallstones and had to have them removed. I'd rather have had that than CD!

I dont know if I think the tablets caused my CD or if they just helped it along, but I know they had something to do with it.
07-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #56
Ihurt

My Support Groups:
Geez, how awful! See, this is why I cringe when my doctors try and give me medications. I am so afraid to take them due their toxic side effects. I happen to be very sensitive to chemicals as it is. Too bad there is no way you could go after the makers of Chantix. I mean it states that is can cause bleeding in the bowels so obviously it is the culprit for you getting crohns. I really think they need to study these meds more before they put them out on the market sometimes. I mean some of the side effects are devastating. Even some of the crohns meds are scary as hell as far as the side effects
go ( lymphoma, cancer, TB etc....). I mean that is bad.

What was strange is that my dad was taking the same tablets for stopping smoking and he had the same symptoms. He ended up with gallstones and had to have them removed. I'd rather have had that than CD!

I dont know if I think the tablets caused my CD or if they just helped it along, but I know they had something to do with it.
07-27-2013, 05:36 AM   #57
UnXmas
Banned

My Support Groups:

I don't know - mostly my doctors do tell me about side effects, and they've been hesitant to prescribe me some drugs because they don't feel it's worth the risks. They were hesitant about prescribing me contraceptive pills because of the blood clot risk (I wasn't bothered about it), and in the end we reached a compromise and they prescribed a different brand.

When I was having trouble sleeping on prednisone and asked for sleeping pills, both doctors I saw gave a long explanation about the risks of addiction and tolerance that benzo pills carry, and instead prescribed amitriptyline which is not addictive.

Perhaps it's that they go by conclusive research, do you think? It's been proven and accepted that certain sleeping pills are addictive, that birth control pills carry a risk of blood clots. But if it's not actually been concluded that flu shots could have caused your health problems, why would they warn you about it? They have to be able to back up their statements. What if you hadn't had the flu shot because they warned you it had health risks, then you'd got ill or even died from flu? If the grounds on which they had warned you not to take it were unproven, they'd get into an awful lot of trouble.

There may be some cases where pharmaceutical companies or doctors try to cover up the downsides of a drug, but I think it's unlikely they'd deny a proven risk or avoid researching a medication so as not to uncover its risks. People dying or getting sick as a result of medication would be worse for them than people being put off trying a medication due to warnings.

So I'm surprised you say you've never heard a doctor admit that a medication can produce serious side effects. Have you ever had steroids or something that risky prescribed? They don't talk me through every side effect listed on the information leaflet (which is always included in my prescriptions), but every time I've had a prescription for a medication that was potentially dangerous the doctor has told me of the risks.
07-27-2013, 08:51 AM   #58
Ihurt

My Support Groups:
Hey Unxmas,

I get what your saying. Well as far as the flu shot goes, actually I have talked to many people who have said the same thing, they got so messed up from it. No one in my family, including my in-laws will touch the flu vaccine. I mean yes grant it, it does prevent a lot of people from getting the flu which can be serious, but for a lot it does not even prevent it! There are so many strains of the flu that half the time the vaccine they give out will not even protect the person depending on which strain seems to be circulating. Also did you know that they put formaldehyde in the flu vaccine as a preservative? That cannot be good to inject into a person. I mean honestly, had I educated myself better at the time regarding the flu shot and the adverse issues it can cause, I NEVER would have gotten it, ever. My dad is 68 years old and said he would NEVER get a flu shot again. He said he use to get one every year when my mom was alive( when he would still go to the doctor) and he said every time he got it, he would be sick that whole winter!! He said he would come down with all sorts of crap. Well after my mom passed and he saw how the medical field treated her and now how they are treating me, well he will never step foot into a doctors office again unless he is dying he said. But he said that since he stopped getting the flu shot, he is WAY healthier. My MIL said the same thing and so did my neighbor so there is something to it. I mean sure, some may be able to take it ok, and it does not bother them and that is great. But for me especially since getting chronically sick my primary care doc said it would not be wise to get a flu shot when having any type of autoimmune issue, she said it could really mess me up. My rheumatologist also said the same thing, he said people with autoimmune diseases should not be exposed to vaccines that the immune response could be very bad. Either way I would not get one ever again.

Hmm, I don't know, I have been handed lots of prescriptions and I have even had BAD side effects and doctors have still blown me off saying, "oh, it wasn't the drug"! Seriously. I still remember when I was prescribed cipro for a UTI I had a few years back. Well I took It and by the third day I woke up in agony with severe throbbing in my upper arm. It was bad. I went to the doctor who I was seeing at that time who prescribed it and told him about the side effect. He said there is no way it is the cipro doing that to just stay on it. Well I went and talked to my pharmacist. When I told her my symptoms she told me to stop that right away and not even take it again that it can cause spontaneous tendon ruptures and can really mess up your tendons. I mean luckily I talked to her or I would have probably ruptured my tendon had I stayed on that stuff. But the doctor argued with me saying it was not the cipro causing it. Most doctors are in bed with the pharmaceutical companies and they get big kick backs when they prescribe meds out so they are not likely to tell you if there are big risks involved( think about it, no one would take the meds then). I mean some doctors might, but most wont, and sadly, most doctors do not even know what the risks are as sad as that is. I mean honestly when I need info on a medication, I go straight to my pharmacist because they DO know the side effects and potential harm that some drugs can cause.

I have been on prednisone before and the only thing I was ever told was that you cannot take it long term or repeatedly or you are at risk for having bone issues and possible at risk for getting diabetes. That was what I was told. I mean and you know those side effects the doctor mentioned is saying it lightly. Steroids can destroy your body. My SIL has lupus, she has had it for 16 years now. She said from taking prednisone on and off all those years her poor bones are so brittle that she has had to have 4 surgeries due to it and still needs 2 more surgeries. She said the prednisone has destroyed her and caused he sooo many health issues. She said she cannot and will not even take it again.

Now I will admit the one med that doctors DO NOT like to prescribe and will tell you the worst case scenarios with are pain meds! I mean they do Not ever like prescribe them. But ironically it has nothing to do with concern for the patient. Nope, my primary care doc said they try and steer patients away from them because every time the hand a script for them out, they have to fill out a TON of paper work explaining why. She said they hate going through all the red tape so they rather not write out scripts for them. I mean isn't that sad??? I mean they will prescribe other meds without hesitation to their patients that have WAY more side effects and they wont blink an eye when prescribing them, but pain meds which albeit, they do have some bad side effects, but they make it like pain meds will kill you just in order to avoid all the work. Sad in my opinion.
07-28-2013, 04:03 AM   #59
UnXmas
Banned

My Support Groups:
I think you've kind of missed my point. Anecdotal evidence (what you or your friends/family experienced) is not the same as evidence from research. Doctors will (and have to) go by research - not by what a patient believes has happened to them. This is because, no matter how clear the correlation between a med and a side effect may seem to you, you could have it wrong as there are too many variables and you and the people you know are not a big enough (or representative enough) of a group to determine whether there's a relationship between medication and side effect.

For example: you have a lot of complicated and undiagnosed symptoms. If you take a new med, or get a flu shot, and then get new symptoms, how can you be certain whether the new symptoms are a result of the med or flu shot, when you get new unexplained symptoms often anyway? Or, if you know, say, three people who get a symptom after a flu shot, that may seem convincing to you, but if a research study was carried out on thousands of people, and only three got symptoms after a flu shot, it might start to look more like the symptoms were a coincidence as so many people did not get any.

So however convinced you are about side effects, and however many people you know who got side effects, the doctor can not base his warnings on your personal experiences. And he certainly can't warn you in advance. Even if you do get a side effect from a flu shot, if no one else has had it before, if it's not been proven, how could he have told you in advance?
07-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #60
Ihurt

My Support Groups:
I understand what you are saying, I do. But for me I was completely healthy and got that flu shot back in 2003 and that is when things went bad. I mean I even had one doctor tell me Yes, he was certain I got sick from the flu shot. I will be honest with you, all those trials they do on meds, they usually only use a certain number of people( not enough) and yes, there may be just a couple that have bad adverse reactions in that trial study. When this happens the FDA will still go ahead and approve a medication( even if a few people have died due to the drug). What they do is they will then list this as a potential side effect on the leaflet you get when you pick up your script. Most people never even read those things, I never did. And you are right, not everyone has issues with certain medications. Or even the Flu shot, sure there are people who get it all the time and are ok with it. But there are many many people who have issues with it. This explains why so many people never get the flu shot. I know every year the news is always pushing and advertising for people to get the shot. They say that only 55% of people actually will get the shot. There is a reason for this. A lot of people have had issues when getting the shot. I mean for me and for others I know who have gotten the shot and had issues, it was 100% certainly from that shot. I mean even for my dad who is healthy as a horse ( thank God), well every time he got the shot he would be sick that whole winter and year with all kinds of crap and viruses. When you get a flu shot your body does not recognize it as a vaccine, it just looks at it like it is a foreign invader. Well the natural immune response is to go after it. Well when that happens it can leave ones immune system low and vulnerable to other sicknesses. This is what happened to me. Well when my dad stopped getting the flu shot, he maybe gets one cold a year, he is otherwise healthy. And I am very thankful he is healthy. I mean do I worry he could get the flu and die? Yeah, that is a possibility. But he thinks he has a better chance fighting the flu itself. I mean if you get the shot and you still get the flu( the shot only covers a small number of flu viruses) well then you are really screwed as your immune system will be down due to trying to fight the vaccine.

But anyhow, I do understand what you are saying. I mean yes, it is true, I have all sorts of issues now and I get many side effects from meds which is why I cannot take them. I mean all drugs are toxic to the body, they are not natural. Most people can tolerate them to an extent though. Unfortunately for me, my body is very sensitive and cannot tolerate them. It sucks, it really does. It makes it very hard for me. But all I was saying is that a lot of the meds out there have known serious adverse reactions that do happen and I just think doctors should warn their patients about them before prescribing some of these medications as not all people will read those leaflets they get with their script. A lot of lives would probably be saved if people knew.

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's after antibiotics, anyone else?