• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Fatigue?

Hello. I've been on Humira a year now. I don't really have any side-effects, but I am tired most of the time, especially even more so after my injection day, is this common? Like, I will be extremely tired for days after. I am on Humira 80mg (40mg x2 injections--bi-weekly.) I take two injections every other week. I also have problems with weight gain. I lose weight constantly and have such a hard time gaining weight, and a hard time keeping weight on. Is there anyway to gain weight with Crohn's/Colitis? Thank you for any replies :) They're very appreciated. Xx

Hi. Have you had any blood work done? You may need b12/iron. As far as weight gain, you can try nutrition shakes that don't have carregeenan in them.

Hello, have you a colonoscopy to check whether you are in remission from the humira? Active crohn's could be the cause of fatigue and weight issues. I am having both these issues right now myself. I am taking ensure shakes otherwise I will just slowly lose pound after pound. If I drink two a day that's an extra 800 calories. I found after my resection when the inflammation was surgically removed I had SO much energy. It is only since I have been flaring that the fatigue has returned.