Share Facebook

11-25-2016, 05:18 AM   #1
NativeBeauty

My Support Groups:
Fatigue?

Hello. I've been on Humira a year now. I don't really have any side-effects, but I am tired most of the time, especially even more so after my injection day, is this common? Like, I will be extremely tired for days after. I am on Humira 80mg (40mg x2 injections--bi-weekly.) I take two injections every other week. I also have problems with weight gain. I lose weight constantly and have such a hard time gaining weight, and a hard time keeping weight on. Is there anyway to gain weight with Crohn's/Colitis? Thank you for any replies (: They're very appreciated. Xx
11-25-2016, 07:51 AM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi. Have you had any blood work done? You may need b12/iron. As far as weight gain, you can try nutrition shakes that don't have carregeenan in them.
11-25-2016, 09:08 AM   #3
eleanor_rigby

My Support Groups:
Hello, have you a colonoscopy to check whether you are in remission from the humira? Active crohn's could be the cause of fatigue and weight issues. I am having both these issues right now myself. I am taking ensure shakes otherwise I will just slowly lose pound after pound. If I drink two a day that's an extra 800 calories. I found after my resection when the inflammation was surgically removed I had SO much energy. It is only since I have been flaring that the fatigue has returned.

History:
2nd Generation affected

Symptoms since 08/2006 (age 17)

Emergency open bowel resection after perforation in 12/2011 (age 22) (wrongly diagnosed as burst appendix ). Three years remission following this unmonitored

Diagnosis:
Perforating small bowel Crohn's Disease 01/2016 (terminal ileum, duodenum)
Coeliac disease (age 26)

Meds:
50mg azathioprine (down from 75mg after my WBC dropped)
Gluten-free diet