Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Can't wait until Wednesday

12-05-2016, 06:26 PM   #1
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Can't wait until Wednesday

I have been off Humira for at least a month because of surgery. Wednesday, I can start again.
12-07-2016, 01:53 AM   #2
CeeCeeGo
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi Ron

Have you noticed any effects of being off the Humira?

My new consultant has taken me off it permanently as of last Friday as he thinks it is doing nothing nowadays for my Crohns and may be causing Lupus.

I hope that being back on Humira is good for you.

DX - June 2012 with mild/moderate Crohns. In July 2012 bowel perforated unexpectedly and needed emergency surgery.
Current meds/supplements - Budesonide (reducing dose over 3 months), B12 injections (every 10 wks), Vit D tabs 800iu x daily, Ferrous Sulphate 200mg every day, Folic Acid once a week
Previous meds - Allergic to Azathioprine, 6MP, Pentasa & Asacol, Methotrexate injections (didn't work). Stopped Humira after 2 years due to ineffectiveness.
12-07-2016, 02:00 AM   #3
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Ouch. I hope that you don't have lupus. I also hope that they can find something to replace the Humira for you. I think I may have been more sensitive to food while off the Humira.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Can't wait until Wednesday