Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Strictures & Obstructions » Anyone with strictures/obstruction might help

01-02-2017, 08:16 AM   #1
Ozboz

My Support Groups:
Anyone with strictures/obstruction might help

I found this it might be quackery or not i had heaps of these symptoms for years and only found this now after surgery.
http://www.listentoyourgut.com/sympt...struction.html
01-02-2017, 02:02 PM   #2
jonique

My Support Groups:
I found this it might be quackery or not i had heaps of these symptoms for years and only found this now after surgery.
Some of these might help soothe the bowel but my understanding of stricture is that nothing helps scar tissue that is already formed in the bowel other than surgical removal. I see a naturopathic doctor and do "alternative" treatments in addition to regular medications but have also had two resections for stricture.

Migraines
Moderate Fatty Liver

Meds:
5-ASA (Salofalk)
Celebrex
Omeprazole

Previous meds:
Stellara, Cimzia, Simoni, Remade, Humira, Methotrexate, Entocort, Sulfasalazine

Surgery:
1. laparotomy 1986 - Dx Crohn's Disease
2. small bowel resection 1995
3. small bowel resection 2016
01-24-2017, 09:47 AM   #3
Seuxin

Hello,

I have a stricture on my Ileum...No surgery for the moment, but one day.....i will have to remove it...

I would like too try this method. I read DMSO + Coloidal silver can help.....

Bye the way i know DMSO can suppress fibrosis...and like a stricture is a fibrose environnement...maybe it can help....
01-24-2017, 10:21 AM   #4
Tommy21bn

My Support Groups:
Hi All

I cannot have my Strictures removed due to a lack of spare Large Bowel. Anymore and i'll be on TPN for the rest of my life.

Has anyone considered or tried a soft diet or meal replacement option to get around their Strictures?

Many thanks

Tom
01-24-2017, 07:07 PM   #5
Layla

My Support Groups:
Certainly sounds like quakery to me! No links to any scientific studies but plenty to buy one of his ebooks says enough to me.

Don't beat yourself up about having the operation! What's done is done and beating yourself up over it won't help you in any way.
Resection due to strictures in 2014
Currently taking: Remicade, amitriptyline, zinc, multi vitamin, b12 shots, Vit D, B complex, magnesium, calcium, Psyllium and the occasional iron infusion

Previously on Humira, Prednisone, Azathioprine, MTX, Pentasa, Asacol, Salofalk

Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Strictures & Obstructions » Anyone with strictures/obstruction might help