Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Tests for IBD » Colds & Colonoscopies


01-15-2017, 02:55 PM   #1
Cross-stitch gal
Moderator
 
Cross-stitch gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver, Washington

My Support Groups:
Colds & Colonoscopies

I'm the lucky one to have just picked up that Cold virus going around work and everywhere today. Have any of you done your Colonoscopy when you've had a Cold? I really don't want to cancel if I don't have to.

Thanks!
__________________
Diagnosed:
Ulcerative Colitis/IBD 1996, Iritis 2001, Ulcerative Proctitis 2013, Indeterminate Colitis 2016, Remission 2017, Hand Eczema

Current Meds:
Pentasa 1000mg 2xday, Canasa Suppositories (when needed) 1000mg 1xday

Non-Meds:
600+D Calcium 2xday, Multivitamin, 65mg Iron 1xday, Fish Oil 1000mg, Vitamin D3 5,000 I.U., Eye Drops 2xday


UP Support Group http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=68350
01-15-2017, 04:15 PM   #2
Trysha
Senior Member
 
Trysha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009

My Support Groups:
It's possible that the doctors may not want to scope you
You already have a lowered immune system which places you at risk of developing infections.
Best find out from the docs if it is safe for you to undergo scopes at this time.
Feel better soon
Hugs
Trysha
01-17-2017, 01:34 AM   #3
Cross-stitch gal
Moderator
 
Cross-stitch gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver, Washington

My Support Groups:
Called the advice nurse and she said that if I don't have a fever or are coughing that they can continue with the excitement.

Later, during lunch I got a second call. This one was to verify my appointment, apparently the advice nurse didn't put anything in my file about my cold. I'm supposed to update them tomorrow evening or Wednesday morning on how I'm doing before I start the prep. If I'm stuffed up, they recommend my rescheduling (they've had some doing the prep, then coming in and being turned away because of being congested and don't want me having to do this). So, sounds like I'm not the first with this challenge. We'll see what happens...
01-19-2017, 01:51 AM   #4
Cross-stitch gal
Moderator
 
Cross-stitch gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver, Washington

My Support Groups:
Ended up calling to cancel yesterday afternoon. Was more conjested yesterday and knew they'd be saying no. So, will reschedule in a couple weeks when I'm healed. The clinic called me back this morning and agreed with my decision.
01-19-2017, 01:10 PM   #5
Trysha
Senior Member
 
Trysha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009

My Support Groups:
Sorry to hear of your continued battle with the cold but very glad to hear you cancelled the scope
It is a wise decision
The body can only take so much and with an already weakened condition that IBD causes
Best to cope with one thing at a time
Feel better soon
Trysha
05-02-2017, 09:25 PM   #6
Cross-stitch gal
Moderator
 
Cross-stitch gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver, Washington

My Support Groups:
It's been quite the rodeo going back and forth with colds. Still have a little sniffle from the latest one. I tried and tried to reschedule my colonoscopy but got someone who decided I needed to go through the question list first and was put off. So, played nice and they told me that the office would call me back to schedule but they never did. So, I had enough and called before work today. Got an appointment for 6/22 at 9:15am. Just thankful to eventually have this over!!!
Reply

Crohn's Disease Forum » Tests for IBD » Colds & Colonoscopies
Thread Tools


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 AM.
Copyright 2006-2017 Crohnsforum.com