Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Azathioprine / immune suppression and asthma

01-16-2017, 09:31 AM   #1
eleanor_rigby

My Support Groups:
Azathioprine / immune suppression and asthma

Hi all, since being on azathioprine for my Crohn's I have noticed a worsening of my asthma. I seem to have attacks more often that are worse in nature and more difficult to get under control. Does anyone know anything about this?
Thanks
01-16-2017, 09:36 AM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I don't know anything about it but i would contact your doctor if you haven't already.

Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
01-16-2017, 01:44 PM   #3
Sophabulous

My Support Groups:
Hey there! I'm on azathioprine but I haven't noticed any difference in my asthma. It is worse at this time of year due to the cold but no worse than before I started taking the aza. Is there anything that usually triggers yours off that you can pinpoint?

Currently taking Azathioprine 100mg, Esomeprazole 40mg, B12 Injections and various supplements. Azathioprine failing so awaiting next steps
01-16-2017, 02:38 PM   #4
my little penguin
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Ds has had asthma since age two
No issues while on 6-mp
Or remicade or
Humira plus mtx
Second looking at triggers
I will say from age 2 to 9
Ds asthma did fluctuate from mild to moderate/severe and back to mild
When was your last lung function test ??

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Azathioprine / immune suppression and asthma