Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Imuran/Azathioprine/6-MP » How long for Imuran to wear off?

01-18-2017, 11:11 AM   #1
Tuff

My Support Groups:
How long for Imuran to wear off?

I've been on it for five years, the last two in conjunction with Remicade. In the last year, I've had recurring colds, strep throat, oral thrush, yeast infections. Two months ago my peripheral neuropathy came back, then my hair started falling out. Not sure if those are related. My GI has finally decided to take me off Imuran, since it's causing so much trouble. He didn't say how long it would be in my system. This is a relief, but also scary. I'm hoping the Remicade will keep me in remission.

Stelara, Warfarin, calcium, Vitamins B12, D.
Previously: 5-Asa, Cipro, Flagyl, Prednisone, Aza, Remicade.
Pulmonary Embolism, DVT's, osteopenia, Peripheral neuropathy.
01-18-2017, 11:52 AM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I also hope it keeps you in remission.

Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
01-18-2017, 12:29 PM   #3
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
Imuran itself should be out of your system within a day...however any effects from it of could may/should take longer to correct themselves. There are many articles on line that give the pharmacological half life and assorted information.

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
01-18-2017, 12:57 PM   #4
Tuff

My Support Groups:
Thanks. I did google it. People posting have said that it takes anywhere from three weeks to three months. If it takes 8-12 weeks for it to take effect, I was just wondering if it takes that long for the effects to subside. I just want to feel better.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Imuran/Azathioprine/6-MP » How long for Imuran to wear off?