Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Living on the toilet

02-08-2017, 01:38 PM   #31
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
How long does it take for the results of the test Ron?

cmack
Not sure.

Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
02-08-2017, 01:41 PM   #32
cmack

My Support Groups:
I would think it should be fairly high priority! Hope they get you answers bud.

Praying for the best outcome,

cmack
02-08-2017, 01:42 PM   #33
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Thanks

02-09-2017, 12:40 PM   #34
Edgey

Going to wait for Monday to order the VSL#3 as the post don't delivery on Sunday and I don't want it stuck somewhere in a warehouse, Waiting again.... lol
multi-vitamin
L-Glutamine

Loperamide and Questran when and if they decide to work.
02-09-2017, 12:54 PM   #35
cmack

My Support Groups:
Edgey,

I hear ya bud. The two things in life I care for least are.... #1 Waiting around and #2 Surprises

I thoroughly dislike them both.

Hang in there bud. Good thinking about not having live cultures (VSL#3) getting caught sitting in a warm warehouse though.

Give me a shout any time bro!

cmack
02-14-2017, 12:41 PM   #36
Edgey

Started taking L-Glutamine too as I hear its good for people in my situation, going to order my VSL#3 today too.

Thinking about buying Apetamin for the appetite boost as I need it because I'm working out.
Don't know if it works though lol :/
02-14-2017, 01:13 PM   #37
cmack

My Support Groups:
Me neither. Hope you have some success.
02-18-2017, 06:25 PM   #38
Edgey

So i've been to my GP recently just to restock on some stuff and he said there are some studies that are suggesting nicotine helps with crohns but i assume it's in testing fazes?
had a quick google and some people are being treated with it.

Also a study in Germany tested something called "woodworm" and had some potential success. ( https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17240130 )

I always find out stuff like this though and it never works for me but I though it'd be worth a mention just in case any of your guys want to try it (through the proper channels obviously).
Of course this could be utter drivel but it's what I've heard lol.
02-18-2017, 08:15 PM   #39
cmack

My Support Groups:
Edgey,

I know smoking isn't good for healing. Or anything else really at all. Nicotine, by itself? I'm really not too sure. I have my doubts. It does occur in nature, so maybe it is OK if taken correctly. New one on me though.

Hoping the best for you bud,

cmack
02-24-2017, 05:02 PM   #40
Edgey

Starting to get a lot of acid reflux recently don't know what its down to but I've been to see my GP and he gave me Omeprazole which doesn't appear to do a lot like everything, nothing works lol

Seen my dermatologist too about the bit of acne I have and he didn't give me the desired medication because it coincides not so well with my Entyvio somehow.
He said I can take it when i come off Entyvio so it seems he's doubtful that the drug will work also lol
02-24-2017, 07:05 PM   #41
cmack

My Support Groups:
Edgey,

I hate the acne too. I still get it on my back and neck. Not too severely though usually. Try not to scratch or dig at it. I know it's hard, but you don't want the scars. I think sometimes stress brings it on. Or side effects of meds. I hope you find a solution. If you do please tell me about it. All I know is using Lubriderm 3in1 lotion (unscented) for men has helped recently. I guess we have to moisturize bro!

Wishing you well,

cmack
02-24-2017, 07:36 PM   #42
Edgey

Edgey,

I hate the acne too. I still get it on my back and neck. Not too severely though usually. Try not to scratch or dig at it. I know it's hard, but you don't want the scars. I think sometimes stress brings it on. Or side effects of meds. I hope you find a solution. If you do please tell me about it. All I know is using Lubriderm 3in1 lotion (unscented) for men has helped recently. I guess we have to moisturize bro!

Wishing you well,

cmack
Yeah I get it on my back n chest i think the Prednisolone i was taking caused the acne to flair again. I never used to have acne before Prednisolone and the dermatologist gave me Lymecycline capsules to take in the meantime and some Duac cream which doesn't really work but I apply it anyway lol
02-24-2017, 08:04 PM   #43
GI Jane

My Support Groups:
Ranitidine is what I take for acid reflux.
03-05-2017, 11:41 AM   #44
Edgey

Ranitidine is what I take for acid reflux.
Sorry I haven't been on here lately I've been sorting some minor issues out, is that better than Omeprazole because i still get acid reflux really bad its become sort of a big issue for me now

Thanks for the response
03-05-2017, 11:52 AM   #45
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Sorry I haven't been on here lately I've been sorting some minor issues out, is that better than Omeprazole because i still get acid reflux really bad its become sort of a big issue for me now

Thanks for the response
What time do you take it? I was recently told to take it in the morning.

03-05-2017, 12:19 PM   #46
Edgey

What time do you take it? I was recently told to take it in the morning.
My doctor didn't really give me any guide lines on how to take it.
I generally take it when i get acid and sometimes it lessens the issue but doesn't totally dissolve the issue so maybe I'll try in the morning and night (i find i get more acid while lying in bed) (20mg) but maybe I'll make another appointment with him soon to discuss the issue further,

Thanks for the reply.
03-05-2017, 12:21 PM   #47
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
You are welcome

03-05-2017, 04:31 PM   #48
Jabee

My Support Groups:
I've taken several different medications (all PPIs) for reflux and crohn's. The two that have worked the best for me are nexium (esomeprazole) and dexilant (dexlansoprazole). Ranitidine (Zantac) is slightly different from PPIs. I suggest trying a few, and at different doses. Nexium 40mg twice a day worked well but now I take dexilant 60mg twice a day. You might find one or another works better for you, or that a higher dose of what you are currently taking works. I take them every day without fail; PPIs need to be taken every day to work properly. If I need something fast acting I take Gaviscon. Your GI should be able to help you figure out which is best.

Last edited by Jabee; 03-05-2017 at 09:39 PM.
03-05-2017, 05:27 PM   #49
GI Jane

My Support Groups:

Thanks for the response
Yes I take it every day it is way better than Omeprazole for me anyway. Wish you luck, it's worth a shot anyway to try it and see if it works for you because I was having some ulcers in stomach and bad acid reflux.
03-14-2017, 03:21 PM   #50
Edgey

Sorry guys will reply soon it's just I have a bladder infection and it's give me flu like symptoms I also have a temperature of 39.9 and I feel like I'm dying lol so cold yet I'm burning up.

They also gave me anti biotics that knocked me about walking into door frames lol but they have now been change and my urine has been sent off to check if it is an infection or the vedolizumab.

Sorry about grammar and stuff I can't think straight right now, probably can cook an egg on my forehead,
Be in touch soon
03-14-2017, 03:28 PM   #51
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I hope you get relief soon. Let us know.

03-14-2017, 03:51 PM   #52
cmack

My Support Groups:
Edgey,

I wish you the best. I hope the antibiotics work. Talk to me anytime.

Your friend who cares,

cmack
03-22-2017, 11:19 AM   #53
Edgey

everything worked out and i'm as well as one can be with crohns now lol well have been a few days ;D
turns out it was a bladder infection and not my injection lol
Although i don't think my injection is working anyone know how long it should be to take affect?

Thanks for the replies guys ;D

Last edited by Edgey; 03-22-2017 at 12:34 PM.
03-22-2017, 04:02 PM   #54
cmack

My Support Groups:
Hi Edgey,

I am happy to hear that you are feeling a little better. I'm not sure about the injection.
I hope you get some answers soon.
03-24-2017, 12:05 AM   #55
Magnolia24

My Support Groups:
Noticed that acid reflux recurs for you... I recently read that a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water relieves acid reflux, tried it and it works for me.. It sounds almost stupidly simple, but may be worth a try.
Sorry you've had such a tough time with this illness. I hope you get to feel well again soon!
03-24-2017, 12:26 AM   #56
cmack

My Support Groups:
Apple cider vinegar has never hurt me. I only have the odd tablespoon or so, once in a while. I have no idea if it helped either. I get a craving for it sometimes. Weird or what?
03-24-2017, 09:54 PM   #57
GI Jane

My Support Groups:
Our body craves what it needs for sure. I couldn't get enough milk after my spine injury and I normally don't like milk. So apple cider vinegar is so good for you...good in deviled eggs.
05-07-2017, 09:36 PM   #58
cmack

My Support Groups:
Hey Edgey,

How are you bud?
05-07-2017, 09:41 PM   #59
Betterwithvideogames

Sadly, it's a bit of both, I've had Crohn's fir 2-3 years and sometimes I go too much and sometimes not enough, but it always takes me a LONG time to get everything or anything out.
05-10-2017, 01:10 PM   #60
SaxLady

Was browsing through some posts and saw you were trying to find VSL#3. They can order it at CVS (you must have it special ordered) but they are quite expensive. I get mine at Costco Pharmacy (they special order it) and the cost is much less, 87.00 for a one month supply which I get two months out of. There is also a pharmacy discount card for 20 additional dollars off each order of it, but you need a Doctor to write you a prescription to be able to use that discount, and get online and print up the discount card from their website. Most Doctors will gladly do that, which means you can count it as a prescription and use your medical savings account if you have one, to pay for it.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Living on the toilet