Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Living on the toilet

09-04-2017, 12:40 PM   #121
Edgey

So i'm starting Stelara tomorrow and was wondering if anyone knew how long the injection takes and how long you have to stay there afterwards in case of a reaction. Only reason i ask is because the hospital is a decent distance away and i need to sort transport out lol i can just called the hospital tomorrow but that'd be last minute which is usually my style anyway lmao
multi-vitamin
L-Glutamine

Loperamide and Questran when and if they decide to work.
09-05-2017, 10:27 AM   #122
GI Jane

My Support Groups:
No sorry haven't been on that one. Wish you luck. On my Remicade one they made me wait an hour.
09-05-2017, 12:01 PM   #123
aypues

My Support Groups:
So i'm starting Stelara tomorrow and was wondering if anyone knew how long the injection takes and how long you have to stay there afterwards in case of a reaction. Only reason i ask is because the hospital is a decent distance away and i need to sort transport out lol i can just called the hospital tomorrow but that'd be last minute which is usually my style anyway lmao
about an hour for the infusion. plan for around 2 hours though, as it takes time to get the IV set up, and then they monitor you for 30 mins afterwards. Reactions are very rare to Stelara. I had nothing.
09-05-2017, 03:25 PM   #124
Edgey

No sorry haven't been on that one. Wish you luck. On my Remicade one they made me wait an hour.
yeah i've previously been on vedolizumab and they made me wait 2 hours after the 30 minute infusion and it took them a while to prepare so i was in the hospital all day but thanks for the reply all the best!

about an hour for the infusion. plan for around 2 hours though, as it takes time to get the IV set up, and then they monitor you for 30 mins afterwards. Reactions are very rare to Stelara. I had nothing.
yeah took them around 30-40 minutes to set the IV up then the infusion took 1 hour and i had to wait an hour after it. Practically in the hospital all day AGAIN lol yeah i didn't have a reaction so all went well so fingers crossed
because the drug is new in the UK the company that was gonna send me the injection pens? for home don't have them yet so i have to go up hospital and keep having infusions which is a major inconvenience
09-05-2017, 06:09 PM   #125
cmack

My Support Groups:
I'm really not a fan of medical facilities either, I hope the pens come in soon. Best of luck to you bro!
09-08-2017, 09:40 AM   #126
Edgey

hey, any of you driving yet ? because I'm 23 and i'm yet to drive which is so frustrating I've saved enough money to drive just haven't been able to get around to it due to my 99 problems lol if so how did you go about taking your driving lessons ?
Thanks in advance
09-08-2017, 11:57 AM   #127
cmack

My Support Groups:
I got my learners permit and then my father taught me. I also got a booklet with my learners permit and I read it until I had memorized it all. Almost every single question was in the booklet. There were a lot of different traffic signs to remember. I learned on a standard transmission and took my test with an automatic, although not all places allow this and will restrict you to automatic only if that's what you take the test in. Some other people I know hired a driving instructor though and that seemed to work out well. This was all in Canada of course. The things I found hardest were parallel parking and starting on a hill without rolling back.
12-15-2017, 08:22 PM   #128
Edgey

heyoo
haven't posted in ages still on Stelara and still going to the toilet lots (enough not to be able to go far) for all i know i could be in remission just this BAM(bile acid malabsorption) that my doctor so lightly mentioned i'm currently trying Psyllium husk as nothing else seems to work and its help slightly i guess still trying to find that needle in the haystack though :P

Hope everyone is doing well <3

Last edited by Edgey; 12-15-2017 at 10:05 PM.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Living on the toilet