• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What a journey!

Diagnosed with UC in 1978. Diagnosed with Crohns 2008. Total proctocolectomy with j-pouch in 2010. Multiple perianal abscesses and setons on 2011. Became a "retired medical clinician" in 2011. Started Remicade infusions every 6 weeks 3-2012. Overcame pouchitis with bleed which caused severe anemia this past six months during which time I lost 30 pounds. Last Remicade infusion I had a "cold", informed nurse, and 6 days later have severe right lung pneumonia. Now on some serious antibiotics and that's how I found your forum while researching "taking Remicade when you have a cold". But I'm alive and kicking and feeling much better.

cmack

Staff member
Dear Curly,

Wow,

What a journey is right! Hope you kick pneumonia's butt! Welcome to the forum. Feel free to give me a pm or just a shout on this thread any time you like.:thumleft:

Wishing you good health and sending you my prayers.

cmack

Last edited:

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hopefully the pneumonia will clear up before your next infusion.......I had to go on antibiotics about two weeks before my last infusion sure to probable pneumonia..... I'm all better now though!!!!