Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Stelara/Ustekinumab » Feeling frustrated with Stelera

02-02-2017, 09:35 PM   #1
hredner

Feeling frustrated with Stelera

Had a resection in September and started Stelera in November . Had the iv induction dose followed by an injection 8 weeks later. Has been 10 weeks and am not one of the worst flare ups I've ever had. Hadn't had a flare since the resection so feeling frustrated and scared. Had severe allergic reaction to remicade,humira and cimzia. Entyvio didn't work and now I'm in a terrible flare. Wondering if there's anything left.
02-02-2017, 09:54 PM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I don't know anything about it but I have heard of Simponi.

Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
02-02-2017, 09:56 PM   #3
jonique

My Support Groups:
What are your flare Symptoms? I had a resection in October and had terrible diarrhea after. Got some very strong probiotics from my ND and it cleared up in a couple of days.

Migraines
Moderate Fatty Liver

Meds:
5-ASA (Salofalk)
Celebrex
Omeprazole

Previous meds:
Stellara, Cimzia, Simoni, Remade, Humira, Methotrexate, Entocort, Sulfasalazine

Surgery:
1. laparotomy 1986 - Dx Crohn's Disease
2. small bowel resection 1995
3. small bowel resection 2016
02-02-2017, 09:57 PM   #4
jonique

My Support Groups:
Ps: I am also on stelara.

02-03-2017, 02:53 AM   #5
woops!

Im sorry you are having a rough time. I'm getting ready to start this med Tuesday so I am interested in your replies.
02-03-2017, 07:15 AM   #6
hredner

Im sorry you are having a rough time. I'm getting ready to start this med Tuesday so I am interested in your replies.
Originally had a lot of gas and diarrhea immediately right after the resection but that was different. This is bleeding, 15-20 bowels movements a day of pure diarrhea and horrible cramping pain, definitely in a flare for over a week now. Dr said I shouldn't have flared this badly with Stelera on board for over 10 weeks now. Getting scoped on Tuesday-upper and lower to see how bad the disease is and if Stelera has helped at all.
02-03-2017, 07:26 AM   #7
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I wish you the best

02-03-2017, 07:41 AM   #8
hredner

I wish you the best
Thank you! If the scope shows active inflammation in places then my MD said will probably stop Stelera and only thing left is clinical trials and in scared to death of that. I want the Stelera to work soon.
02-03-2017, 11:53 AM   #9
woops!

I'm sorry you are having a rough time. Can they add anything to your meds? Steroids Mabey? Deff sounds like you are in a bad flair.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Stelara/Ustekinumab » Feeling frustrated with Stelera