• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Abscess Again

Wonder if someone could offer some advice. I have CD and had a colostomy 2 years ago due to an abscess purferating my bowel. I then had a hernia from my stoma which was operated on a year ago where they placed plastic mesh in. Now 3 weeks ago I was admitted to hospital for a week on IV antibiotics due to an abscess where my stoma is. They didn't drain it or operate due to infection and are not sure if it's formed because of my CD or due to an abnormal connection between my bowel and colostomy and I'm now awaiting a stoma gram does anyone know what this is and what it entails I've nevery heard of it 🤔
I'm a bit peeved they have not treated the abscess and do not want the same to happen as last time!
Looking forward to hearing your views
Thank you xx

cmack

Staff member
Sorry, I'm at a loss as well.

All I can suggest is researching it more on the web or this site.(Same thing) Doh!

Hope you get it sorted out. In Canada we have a toll free phone line to talk to a nurse. Maybe there is something like that there?

Keep us posted,

cmack