Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » I've had Crohn's disease for 6 months

02-07-2017, 09:01 AM   #1
joshua820

I've had Crohn's disease for 6 months

I've had Crohn's disease since august of 2016. I am a 15 year old boy and my mother has had CD as well since she was 20. For 3 years I thought I had anxiety and eating issues, but it turned out to be CD. In august, I was admitted to Mount Sinai in NYC for an emergency resection. I had a collapsed colon, an obstruction a stricture, a fistula, and a 3cm x 3cm abscess on my small intestinal wall. I had 3 feet of my small intestine removed, 1 foot of my large intestine removed, and strictureplasty to fix my collapsed colon. I was placed on remicade immediately after. I haven't had any issues since. This is my first post on here so I hope it's an ok one to post
02-07-2017, 09:56 AM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Welcome. I am sorry for all you have been through. You have come to a good group. I hope you continue to not have any more problems.
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
02-07-2017, 04:06 PM   #3
Lady Organic
Forum Monitor

Welcome Joshua! Thank you for sharing your story I am glad your health is better now.

Diet: ''IBD-AID'' : http://www.nutritionj.com/content/13/1/5+ organic food only
suppl Curcuminoid extract, Inulin,psyllium, apple pectin, Vitamin D

past meds:
pred 50mg, 5-ASA, cortifoam, Imuran (failed) Purinethol (success) methotrexate (failed CD and arthritis).
02-07-2017, 04:59 PM   #4
dave13
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Welcome! Have you checked out teen support groups? http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=48125 Your post is great,telling it like it is. Continue to do well.
02-07-2017, 09:12 PM   #5
CYY

My Support Groups:
Hi Joshua, welcome to the forum! You'll find immense support here!

I'm CYY and I'm 16. I've been living with Crohn's for about a decade, before being formally diagnosed in December last year. I know that how it feels like when you know that something's wrong with your body, but nobody is able to give you an answer.

Dave is right, do check out the teen support groups. They're really great!

If you feel that you need a teen to talk to, my inbox would always be open to your messages.

I'm glad that you've been responding well to Remicade. Hope you get into remission soon! ^^
Currently on: Methotrexate 20mg/week, Folic Acid 5mg, Atenolol 50mg, Modulen IBD (10 scoops), Ondansetron (PRN), Debridat 100mg (PRN), Anarex (PRN), Ventolin (PRN)
Previously on: Azathioprine 50mg, Propanolol 25mg, Seretide

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » I've had Crohn's disease for 6 months