• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What did you eat today?

I also had a banana and yogurt this morning. Haha something in the air.
I did another big prep day yesterday - baked salmon, boiled and pureed butternut squash and spinach/kale mix, hardboiled eggs. I'll probably cook some beef patties later today to have around.
I've been a little busier lately, so figuring out when to cook has been more of a strain...But having food ready makes everything so much better. I don't think most folks realize the extra mental energy it takes to live with chronic illness.

I also had a banana and yogurt this morning. Haha something in the air.
I did another big prep day yesterday - baked salmon, boiled and pureed butternut squash and spinach/kale mix, hardboiled eggs. I'll probably cook some beef patties later today to have around.
I've been a little busier lately, so figuring out when to cook has been more of a strain...But having food ready makes everything so much better. I don't think most folks realize the extra mental energy it takes to live with chronic illness.
I agree so much energy....I pruned my rose and lavender plant and was wiped out now.

scottsma

Oatmeal with chia seeds and sultanas and a bio yog.
Apple (peeled) chunk of cheddar cheese,small portion of potato chips,green tea.

My wish is for a chef to prepare my meals daily.Only once would do,I'm not greedy.
I watched a prog.on TV last night of All You Can Eat banquets.Life's not fair eh?

Tony H

Big bowl of oatmeal made with full milk , cup of coffee (french press) for breakfast , bowl of fusilli pasta with Arrabbiata sauce for lunch
will probably have a chicken salad for dinner [emoji3]

Big bowl of oatmeal made with full milk , cup of coffee (french press) for breakfast , bowl of fusilli pasta with Arrabbiata sauce for lunch
will probably have a chicken salad for dinner [emoji3]
I do miss my oatmeal too much fiber right now. Ohhh do love chicken salad...think I'll make up some of that just have to cut back on the almonds.

scottsma

I no longer eat meat,I just don't enjoy it like I used to.I'm not that keen on Chicken either.The stuff I had at lunchtime was frozen cooked chicken strips,then only a little bit.
The almost veggie stage I'm at just evolved over 18 months.

Hello, I am new to the group. I had saltines and chicken broth today. I was discharged out the hospital 5 days ago and started on prednisone, which I thought would increase my appetite, but I am scared to eat. This last flare up was really painful and I CAN NOT afford to be sick again. So I don't know if it's a mental thing, with the loss of appetite or not.
I tried to eat more but get nauseated at the thought of anything other than broth.

Last edited:
Hello, I am new to the group. I had saltines and chicken broth today. I was discharged out the hospital 5 days ago and started on prednisone, which I thought would increase my appetite, but I am scared to eat. This last flare up was really painful and I CAN NOT afford to be sick again. So I don't know if it's a mental thing, with the loss of appetite or not.
I tried to eat more but get nauseated at the thought of anything other that broth.
Hi. Welcome to the group. I hope things are better for you soon.

Ya I'm still in the hospital and know what you mean about nausea. I would just take one bite only that is what I have done. One bite of cheese or potatoes or rice or fish and say that's ok. Now I'm up to three bites. Slow but steady.

scottsma

Feel better soon Jane.
liberee7....welcome to the forum.I hope you feel better soon too.
I would stick to bland food, little and often,don't try to do to much to soon.

For me, carbohydrates make my Crohn's act up the least, it's weird. So for breakfast I had pasta with cottage cheese and for lunch I had a ham sandwich with cheese and honey mustard on Italian white bread.

Another thing though, people with Crohn's are always saying eat a lot of snacks instead of one big meal, but what do they mean by a SNACK. Do they mean whatever meal you are going to be eating but in tiny portions throughout a specific amount of time, just pieces of fruit or cheese sticks every now and then, or something else? And how MUCH are you supposed to eat to consider it a "snack"?

I've had Crohn's for three years now and I still can't figure this out, maybe it's because I'm 18, or something else. :confused2:

Well for the snack they brought me in the hospital was apple sauce and cheese stick. They like to combine a fruit and a protein. Couple tablespoons of tuna salad and four crackers. A half banana and couple tablespoons peanut butter. Or an Ensure.

For me, carbohydrates make my Crohn's act up the least, it's weird. So for breakfast I had pasta with cottage cheese and for lunch I had a ham sandwich with cheese and honey mustard on Italian white bread.

Another thing though, people with Crohn's are always saying eat a lot of snacks instead of one big meal, but what do they mean by a SNACK. Do they mean whatever meal you are going to be eating but in tiny portions throughout a specific amount of time, just pieces of fruit or cheese sticks every now and then, or something else? And how MUCH are you supposed to eat to consider it a "snack"?

I've had Crohn's for three years now and I still can't figure this out, maybe it's because I'm 18, or something else. :confused2:
Shortly after my surgery, my gi said more mesld but in smaller portions.

scottsma

High nutrition powder mixed with LO fat milk and a banana for breakfast
2 egg chicken and mushroom omelette for lunch.
Maybe a probiotic yoghurt later.......and chocolate.

Drinks.....Builders tea,green macha tea with honey, and cider vinegar with Manuka honey
and warm water.2 glasses of cold water.

Steel cut oats (soaked overnight) with strawberries from my garden, coconut oil & cinnamon
coffee
Lunch: homemade beef vegetable soup, homemade chia/sunflower seed (ground) crackers , orange
SN: few tortilla chips with single serve guacamole, jicama sticks (they are a no no!)
Dinner: 2 eggs, chard from garden, Canadian bacon, fried pineapple slices

cmack

Staff member
2 bananas, 1cup of chickpeas and organic minestrone soup so far. Next is a gala apple. Then dinner will be a veggie stir fry with fresh brown mushrooms. YUM! I love stir fry. :)

Steel cut oats (soaked overnight) with strawberries from my garden, coconut oil & cinnamon
coffee
Lunch: homemade beef vegetable soup, homemade chia/sunflower seed (ground) crackers , orange
SN: few tortilla chips with single serve guacamole, jicama sticks (they are a no no!)
Dinner: 2 eggs, chard from garden, Canadian bacon, fried pineapple slices
Never tried soaking them overnight is it a lot better? How much coconut oil do you put in I love new recipes.

scottsma

Banana and pro-biotic yoghurt drink
Lunch....Home made flaked rice pudding with juicy sultanas.
Early evening will be a peeled diced apple,hunk of cheese diced, and a handful of crisps (potato chips)

Banana and pro-biotic yoghurt drink
Lunch....Home made flaked rice pudding with juicy sultanas.
Early evening will be a peeled diced apple,hunk of cheese diced, and a handful of crisps (potato chips)
Ok way to go you made me have to google sultanas.....oh grapes lol.

I had half an hard boiled egg couple bites of bagel with peanut butter and coffee.

Tune in olive oil, along with some greens, an orange, brown rice, grapes, and a bit of chocolate afterwards. it went down great. I'm feeling good today.

cmack

Staff member
Organic Kashi brand cereal with 2 Tbsp ground brown organic flax seed and a couple walnuts, a banana, 1/2 cup chickpeas with vegetable soup. Dinner is broccoli with rice and mixed veggies. (carrots, peas and mushrooms with soy sauce).

scottsma

Nutrition powder mixed with chia seeds and lo fat milk and a granola bar for brekkie.
Not fancying anything for lunch 'til the gut settles down.

Man I miss walnuts cmack.....well any seeds and nuts last thing my nutritionist says I can add in after this dang surgery so weeks away if all goes well. I did get frosted mini wheats which was amazing first higher fiber food they have allowed me yea.

scottsma

I eat raw nuts and seeds daily,chewed to a pulp of course.Mostly almonds and walnuts.I was Dx'd borderline diabetic 18 months ago and research indicated a handful of walnuts would help.And it did.Last year my test was normal.I've always enjoyed nuts but too many make me ill.

My mom has always insisted we refrigerate them or they go rancid. From a medical web site forget which one closed screen.

Walnuts are high in allergen and these allergens are both good and bad for us. They are good in the sense that the antibodies present in allergens stimulate the white blood cells to produce histamine in our body. Histamine is an organic compound that functions as a part of the immune system and dilates blood vessels, regulates physiological function of guts, and acts as a neurotransmitter.

They are bad because high level of allergens/histamine can worsen the condition of diarrhea and give rise to allergic reactions like nausea, stomach pain, and diarrhea. It is important to note that these side effects triggers when we eat too many walnuts and it is safe to eat walnuts in small quantity.

Sure wish they would have stated what is small quantities. I usually only eat them in oatmeal or with corn flakes so pretty safe I believe. Very interesting about the diabetes since my daughter has diabetes I will pass that on to her.

I try to make breakfast the bigger meal of the day, I had two eggs a piece of toast and some fruit and cottage cheese orange juice and a cup of coffee. But that sounds like a lot when I listed LOL

scottsma

I always keep nuts in the fridge and make sure I eat them before the use-by date,which isn't hard.It's best not to buy big bags.I think a portion equals that which will fit in the palm of your hand or 13 halves.

Lesli,welcome to the forum.

I had 3 eggs cooked in butter and an avocado washed down with full cream milk coffee for breakfast.Lunch was left over osso bocco and mushroom stew and dinner consisted of pork belly and a green leaf salad. I stopped eating ALL processed carbs , all types of grain and added sugar of any type 18 months ago. Never felt better and I no longer takes any meds at all.

scottsma

Hi peterh and welcome to the forum,your food for the day sounds like a banquet to me.I'm glad to hear you're doing well.

Breakfast today was high nutrition powder and chia seeds mixed in lo fat milk.
Lunch will be a 2 egg chicken and mushroom omelette and an orange when I'm hungry enough to enjoy it.

Breakfast - Hardboiled egg; bowl of zuchinni, spinach, and mushrooms sauteed in coconut oil
Lunch - Chicken and sweet potatoes at a Paleo-friendly restaurant
Snack - banana with almond butter; blueberries
Dinner - leftover salmon (baked with honey and cayenne)
Water and tea throughout the day...Water with a little apple cider vinegar now

scottsma

Breakfast--- a few black grapes (well chewed) a banana and a glass of coconut milk.
Lunch----small baked chicken breast and cheesy potatoes.

Probably will just have nibbles for the rest of the day.

Drinks...two small coffees,builders tea,green tea.I have also started having diluted A.C.V.
with honey,twice daily.

I had cinnamon Life and almond milk for breakfast at our hotel felt like a kid lol but tasted good.....but paying for it or something now even Oxy isn't stopping the runs.

scottsma

Breakfast.....high nutrition powder and chia seeds mixed with lo fat coconut and rice milk and a banana.
Lunch will be chicken breast,lettuce and mayo in flat bread and a bio yoghurt.
fruit and nibbles the rest of the day

cmack

Staff member
Banana first thing today and a smoothie coming up next. 1/2 cup spinach, 1 apple sliced,2tbsp ground organic flax seed, 3 walnuts, organic soy milk and some blueberries and strawberries.

Breakfast - 2 hardboiled eggs
Lunch - Baked yam, celery with almond butter
Snack - 1 hardboiled egg, few baby carrots, spoonful almond butter (I may have a small almond butter problem...)
Dinner - Beef patty with mustard, sauteed spinach and mushrooms, half a mango

Tea and water throughout the day...

Scottsma - I've been drinking diluted ACV lately too. What made you decide to do 2 a day? What benefits do you notice? I notice it settles my stomach and stops sugar cravings.

scottsma

Your food sounded very tasty.......I read some positive things about ACV,but don't ask me what they were.I have used it in the past.I'm not on any meds.at the minute,just maintenance stuff (on prescription) and I like to try natural remedies now and again.I also drink Macha green tea which is beneficial.I'm now going to google why they're both helping me.hahaha.

Everyone is eating so healthy, you're inspirations.....yep I had a non frosted brown sugar poptart yesterday lol.

My issue is I can't stop eating I'm hungry all the time I'm not putting bad things in my body but I'm just eating constantly, is this part of the prednisone? I already know that it puts weight on you and make sure swell up obviously it makes you eat! I'm on 15 mg I've got three more weeks of this crap and and then I am going to sew my mouth shut LOL

cmack

Staff member
Hey all,

I said I would share some smoothie recipes from my doc so here they are... There are also some extras included. This is all straight from my awesome GP who has a wife with IBD. He is really in the loop. He practices what he preaches and looks to be the figure of youth.

Subject: Re: Nutrition

Apologize for the late reply, it's been a crazy month! When it comes to using turmeric, to make a 2 L smoothie I use the amount of turmeric the size of my thumb, about two or three loony(canadian dollar coin approx 1''x1/8'') sized slices of ginger, and about 5 to 10 peppercorns freshly ground. Smoothies though are like art, just go with your preferences.

Turmeric

There seems to be no end to the benefit of turmeric (see the last link below), but the effect it has on colon polyps (the stage before colon cancer) is particularly impressive.

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/turmeric-curcumin-and-colon-cancer/

Inflammation

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/which-spices-fight-inflammation/

Osteoarthritis

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/turmeric-curcumin-and-osteoarthritis/

Turmeric is absorbed 2000% more effectively in the presence of ginger and black pepper.

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/boosting-the-bioavailability-of-curcumin/

http://nutritionfacts.org/topics/turmeric

Golden Banana Tahini Turmeric Shake

Spicy and sweet! We make this about once per week for dessert, it has a chai tea taste to it :)

Almond Milk - 1 cup, plain or vanilla
Frozen Banana X1
Medjool dates x2
Tahini - 1 tbsp
Vanilla extract - 1/4 tsp
Ground cardamom - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Black pepper - 1/8 tsp
2 ice cubes (or frozen fruit...I like cherries)
I also slip in a little kale or spinach when I make it ;)

Recipes

When it comes to cooking I can make smoothies, salads, and soup (and a nice Pad Thai). It is my wife that does the majority of the actual cooking...these are her favourite recipe books (so far). I also included my smoothie recipe at the bottom as I consider it the healthiest thing I eat, and it is something I eat/drink almost everyday.

1. "Forks Over Knives"

This is the title of a 90 minute documentary available on Netflix and iTunes (well worth the watch). They also have an excellent website (with 300 recipes) and cookbook (all with great recipes).

http://www.forksoverknives.com/recipes/

I really liked this article (with meal plans) on eating healthy on a budget.

http://www.forksoverknives.com/healthy-food-on-tight-budget/?mc_cid=732abec1b3&mc_eid=cd801963b3

2. The "Oh she glows" cookbook by Angela Liddon

3. "Eat to Live Cookbook" by Dr Joel Fuhrman

I reviewed nutrition literature for about a year before I started making recommendations to patients. Dr Fuhrman's book "Eat to Live" was the book that really put it all together. It was easy to read, covered the research well, started each chapter with motivational success stories, and had a nutrition plan with recipes right in it. It is still the book I recommend for those looking for information on the use of nutrition to prevent and reverse disease. The cookbook is a great extension of the original book.

Salt

https://www.drfuhrman.com/lifestyle/eat-to-live-blog/5/add-flavor-not-salt?

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/high-blood-pressure-may-be-a-choice/

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/sprinkling-doubt-taking-sodium-skeptics-with-a-pinch-of-salt/

Reducing salt by a 1/2 teaspoon per day will reduce strokes by 22% and fatal heart attacks by 16% thus saving tens of thousands of lives in North America every year. Reducing salt is even more effective for saving lives than controlling blood pressure with medications.

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/salt-of-the-earth-sodium-and-plant-based-diets/

Blended Salads (aka "smoothies")

There are books of recipes written on this subject, but essentially anything can go in. I call mine blended salads because half of what I put in mine is leafy greens and sprouts. I have this as a least 1 meal per day (about 1.5L for me, just drink it until you are full), and consider it the healthiest meal of the day. These are some of the ingredients that frequently end up in mine, experiment with the ingredients to find a taste you like, but make sure to include as many greens as you can :)

I would use this recipe to make about 2L of smoothies.

Banana
Apple/orange/kiwi/pear/melon
Carrots and celery = as many as you like
Kale (usually several types) & Spinach & Sprouts = half the blender
Dates : for a sweetener (I use 4)
Seeds: chia, hemp hearts, & flax (keep in freezer) = 1 tbsp of each
Nuts: walnut, pecan, almond, cashew, etc = a few of each
Garlic: 1-2 cloves to personal taste
*crush first to activate the Allicin, then let sit for 5-10 minutes
Onion = small wedge or green onion to taste
Ginger = about 1 inch, to taste
Turmeric = 1 tsp or 1 inch if fresh
Mint = I like lots, to taste
Sea Vegetables (I use sheet of sushi paper, called Nori...good source of iodine)
White or green tea leaves
Frozen fruit* = any kind, especially berries, about 1-2 cups
*frozen fruit is just as healthy as fresh, perhaps even more, as it is picked at the peak of freshness
*put this in last otherwise it is really hard on your blender
Liquid base: water, almond milk, soy milk, and/or herbal tea

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-green-smoothies-good-for-you/

Last edited:

scottsma

Thanks Chris, you deserve a medal for that post.
Today I had for breakfast.Smoothie of.0% fat milk
Banana
High nutrition powder (choc.flavour)
chia,pumpkin,sunflower seeds
oatmeal.

Lunch...peanut,quinoa and bean salad,salmon (canned, mixed with mayo)choc.biscuit.

Hey all,

I said I would share some smoothie recipes from my doc so here they are... There are also some extras included. This is all straight from my awesome GP who has a wife with IBD. He is really in the loop. He practices what he preaches and looks to be the figure of youth.

Subject: Re: Nutrition

Apologize for the late reply, it's been a crazy month! When it comes to using turmeric, to make a 2 L smoothie I use the amount of turmeric the size of my thumb, about two or three loony(canadian dollar coin approx 1''x1/8'') sized slices of ginger, and about 5 to 10 peppercorns freshly ground. Smoothies though are like art, just go with your preferences.

Turmeric

There seems to be no end to the benefit of turmeric (see the last link below), but the effect it has on colon polyps (the stage before colon cancer) is particularly impressive.

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/turmeric-curcumin-and-colon-cancer/

Inflammation

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/which-spices-fight-inflammation/

Osteoarthritis

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/turmeric-curcumin-and-osteoarthritis/

Turmeric is absorbed 2000% more effectively in the presence of ginger and black pepper.

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/boosting-the-bioavailability-of-curcumin/

http://nutritionfacts.org/topics/turmeric

Golden Banana Tahini Turmeric Shake

Spicy and sweet! We make this about once per week for dessert, it has a chai tea taste to it :)

Almond Milk - 1 cup, plain or vanilla
Frozen Banana X1
Medjool dates x2
Tahini - 1 tbsp
Vanilla extract - 1/4 tsp
Ground cardamom - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Black pepper - 1/8 tsp
2 ice cubes (or frozen fruit...I like cherries)
I also slip in a little kale or spinach when I make it ;)

Recipes

When it comes to cooking I can make smoothies, salads, and soup (and a nice Pad Thai). It is my wife that does the majority of the actual cooking...these are her favourite recipe books (so far). I also included my smoothie recipe at the bottom as I consider it the healthiest thing I eat, and it is something I eat/drink almost everyday.

1. "Forks Over Knives"

This is the title of a 90 minute documentary available on Netflix and iTunes (well worth the watch). They also have an excellent website (with 300 recipes) and cookbook (all with great recipes).

http://www.forksoverknives.com/recipes/

I really liked this article (with meal plans) on eating healthy on a budget.

http://www.forksoverknives.com/healthy-food-on-tight-budget/?mc_cid=732abec1b3&mc_eid=cd801963b3

2. The "Oh she glows" cookbook by Angela Liddon

3. "Eat to Live Cookbook" by Dr Joel Fuhrman

I reviewed nutrition literature for about a year before I started making recommendations to patients. Dr Fuhrman's book "Eat to Live" was the book that really put it all together. It was easy to read, covered the research well, started each chapter with motivational success stories, and had a nutrition plan with recipes right in it. It is still the book I recommend for those looking for information on the use of nutrition to prevent and reverse disease. The cookbook is a great extension of the original book.

Salt

https://www.drfuhrman.com/lifestyle/eat-to-live-blog/5/add-flavor-not-salt?

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/high-blood-pressure-may-be-a-choice/

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/sprinkling-doubt-taking-sodium-skeptics-with-a-pinch-of-salt/

Reducing salt by a 1/2 teaspoon per day will reduce strokes by 22% and fatal heart attacks by 16% thus saving tens of thousands of lives in North America every year. Reducing salt is even more effective for saving lives than controlling blood pressure with medications.

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/salt-of-the-earth-sodium-and-plant-based-diets/

Blended Salads (aka "smoothies")

There are books of recipes written on this subject, but essentially anything can go in. I call mine blended salads because half of what I put in mine is leafy greens and sprouts. I have this as a least 1 meal per day (about 1.5L for me, just drink it until you are full), and consider it the healthiest meal of the day. These are some of the ingredients that frequently end up in mine, experiment with the ingredients to find a taste you like, but make sure to include as many greens as you can :)

I would use this recipe to make about 2L of smoothies.

Banana
Apple/orange/kiwi/pear/melon
Carrots and celery = as many as you like
Kale (usually several types) & Spinach & Sprouts = half the blender
Dates : for a sweetener (I use 4)
Seeds: chia, hemp hearts, & flax (keep in freezer) = 1 tbsp of each
Nuts: walnut, pecan, almond, cashew, etc = a few of each
Garlic: 1-2 cloves to personal taste
*crush first to activate the Allicin, then let sit for 5-10 minutes
Onion = small wedge or green onion to taste
Ginger = about 1 inch, to taste
Turmeric = 1 tsp or 1 inch if fresh
Mint = I like lots, to taste
Sea Vegetables (I use sheet of sushi paper, called Nori...good source of iodine)
White or green tea leaves
Frozen fruit* = any kind, especially berries, about 1-2 cups
*frozen fruit is just as healthy as fresh, perhaps even more, as it is picked at the peak of freshness
*put this in last otherwise it is really hard on your blender
Liquid base: water, almond milk, soy milk, and/or herbal tea

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/are-green-smoothies-good-for-you/
I so love chai tea so am going to try this smoothie for sure! Thanks

scottsma

Banana and lo fat/ zero sugar pro.biotic yoghurt for breakfast.
Lunch...sweet chilli prawns and a chocolate biscuit.
Drinks tea,water,green tea.
Well chewed black grapes.

Tony H

4 poached eggs with 2 slices of toast ,
big portion of lasagna and a nice coffee with cream to finish it off

Eggs, brown rice, apple sauce, grapes, oranges, glass of wine, pork, spinach, plain potato chips, chocolate, grape jelly, cheese, & olives.

I've been doing a good amount of swimming of late. That seems to have stimulated the appetite!

Bufford

Food has been boring lately, and I am trying to make the bathroom scales go up rather than down so I bought myself some macaroni salad. I bought a little bit a week ago to experiment and I seem to be able to tolerate it, so I bought more. Is pasta okay, I recall spaghetti giving me cramps and grief. Not sure if its caused by pasta, the sauce or perhaps both?

Bufford

I put a little bit more on my plate, about a half a cup of macaroni salad and it settled on my stomach ok. A bit of gas later on before supper but nothing bad. I had some cold chicken to go with it and a sliced up orange for desert.

scottsma

Breakfast was a granola bar and a yoghurt
lunch was 2 peeled and sliced apples,cubed cheddar cheese and a handful of crisps (potato chips).will have mashed banana on choc.flavoured rice cakes later.

Tony H

I find white sauces without meat are fine with pasta of any kind. Alfredo sauce is my favorite. The meat and too much tomato gets me though.

Im lucky I can eat ground beef with no problem , can't seem to manage good thick steaks anymore , I would need to cut it into tiny pieces which takes the pleasure away , the last time I had steak it was like depth charges going off as they came through the stoma undigested ( sorry fot graphic detail)
Too much risk of a blockage for me I think ah but the memories are good .

scottsma

I was hankering after a good steak yesterday.It's been years since the last one ...sigh !!!

Breakfast.....banana
Lunch...smoked mackerel pate on two small slices of wholemeal toast,raspberries.
this evening will probably be apple,cheese and crisps or cereal.

Bufford

After some very bad experiences I now associate beautiful delicious steaks as pain inducers. I eat a lot of chicken and my diet is quite boring as a result. Seems I can tolerate the macaroni salad in small quantities, but potato salad is a big no no for me.

cmack

Staff member
After some very bad experiences I now associate beautiful delicious steaks as pain inducers. I eat a lot of chicken and my diet is quite boring as a result. Seems I can tolerate the macaroni salad in small quantities, but potato salad is a big no no for me.
For me the steaks are 2-3 in the morning pain inducers. Not worth it, too bad I love steak.