• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What did you eat today?

Bufford

I find white sauces without meat are fine with pasta of any kind. Alfredo sauce is my favorite. The meat and too much tomato gets me though.
An update; I have been enjoying the macaroni salad without problems. I was expecting the gas and cramps would rise along with flaky skin issues on my face, but none of these side effects have risen. Could it be that the deli sourced a gluten free source of macaroni, or perhaps that my remission is better established from 6 months of Turmuric?

High fiber oatmeal in the morning w/cup of tea

Indian buffet for lunch: cauliflower and potatoes w/ginger; lentil beans (dal makhani); chickpeas; chili chicken; curry chicken and basmati rice; egg bhurji (eggs scrambled with peppers); a half a jalebi, coconut soup and ground beef w/potato.

Snack: three raw broccoli florets.

Dinner: gluten free pasta with turkey sausage, mustard greens, romano cheese, a little half-and-half and spices.

Needless to say, after all the fiber...I'm a little bloated. :)

Breakfast :Rice Krispies
Snack: Banana chips
Dinner : Buttered noodles with fusili noodles, grilled chicken and olives.
Snack : Sweet potato chips.

Breakfast - Spinach mushroom cheese omelette
Lunch - bone broth, homemade yogurt with almond butter and cinnamon
Snacks - cherries, blueberries, banana with almond butter
dinner - chicken drumstick, roast brussels sprouts and butternut squash

Breakfast -banana and gluten-free waffle.
Lunch -chicken tenders and french fries prepared in olive oil.
Supper -Gluten-free noodles with chicken and eggs.
Snack both at lunch and dinner -banana chips.

Breakfast - Zucchini egg scramble with parmesan and cheddar, dill, rosemary
Snacks - celery with almond butter, cherries, blueberries
Dinner - Baked salmon with honey and paprika, this amazing (scd friendly) broccoli: http://www.abeautifulplate.com/roasted-broccoli-toasted-almonds-lemon-pecorino-cheese/
Dessert - These amazing (scd and paleo friendly) raspberry bars: http://www.unconventionalbaker.com/recipes/gluten-free-vegan-raspberry-almond-squares/
I make them with an egg, not flax so my version isn't vegan, but they can be vegan. I also use almond flour instead of almonds for the crust, and bake the crust for only 15 min.

scottsma

Breakfast...banana & biscuit.
Lunch....smoothie made from choc.flavoured high nutrition powder,walnuts,sunflower seeds,pumpkin seeds,oats,chia seeds ,powdered match green tea and Lo fat milk.
Supper will be a peeled apple,a chunk of cheddar cheese and a handful of potato crisps (chips).And I will of course have the obligatory (for me) portion of chocolate.

Breakfast - 2 hardboiled eggs, bone broth, banana with almond butter
Lunch - leftover baked chicken thigh with mustard and herbs, steamed broccoli
Snacks - dried mango, cherries, cucumber
Thinking about salad..maybe some more bone broth...

Last edited:
Had a mri enterography and had nothing in the morning. Had an almond the sandwich when I got home. For dinner i had gluten-free noodles with eggs and grilled chicken. Cashews for a snack.

scottsma

Only had breakfast so far today.Smoothie with lo fat milk,high nutrition powder,chia,pumkin,sunflower seeds and oatmeal.It'll keep me going until mid afternoon.

Awesome! Hope you enjoy it! When I make it I double the cayenne, garlic powder, and oregano. I also throw in some rosemary and thyme.

So far today...
Breakfast - A couple leftover broccoli biscuits, banana with almond butter
Lunch - stir fry with beef, onions, bell peppers and zuchinni
Snacks - celery with almond butter

The rest of my day won't be quite as healthy...Taking some wine and cheese over to a friend who just went through a breakup...

I'm dealing with stricture and waiting for surgery so tomato soup for lunch and dinner and protein banana strawberry smoothies and pudding for breakfast and snack. :) I'm getting so used to it now I don't think I'll remember how to cook once I can eat solids again! Haha

scottsma

Porridge...oatmeal,spelt,chia and a banana
Lunch...wholemeal toast with nut butter and marmite (not on the same slice of course)
and an orange.
later I will have an apple and a chunk of cheddar cheese.
I cook for my husband and he eats well but I'm not interested in dinners etc. and I'm quite happy with what I eat.Must have some chocolate though.

Haven't been feeling well this week (don't worry I'm on top of it - seeing my doctor) so back to eating suuuper simple...even more than usual.
Breakfast - hardboiled eggs, bone broth, banana
Snack - homemade grape juice gelatin
Dinner - chicken drumsticks (baked with lemon juice, salt and pepper), steamed spinach, butternut squash puree