• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

How Long

At Thanksgiving, I had been on Humira about six or seven months. I had surgery for a lesion on my scalp. I went back on Humira two weeks after the surgery. Last month, my doctor and I decided to go from doing Humira every two weeks to every week. That was three weeks ago. I am still having issues with the Crohns Disease. I am supposed to let my doctor know at the beginning of next month how I am doing. How long before I notice any improvement?

Just seeing this and curious how you are doing Ron. I'm presently in a similar situation. I had to go off the Humira for 2 months due to hip surgery end of November (I developed Avascular Necrosis in my left hip due to predinsone). During that time my Crohn's symptoms increased. I went back on the Humira, biweekly, and ended up where I am now, in a Crohn's flare. My gi dr decided to switch me to weekly Humira which will begin this week, having had my usual dose last week. I'm really hoping the increase will calm things.

I am currently in a flare and waiting for pre-authorization from insurance to switch to Entyvio. I hope things calm down for you.

That's the next choice for me too, if this weekly stuff doesn't work. I'll be crossing my fingers and toes for you, friend.