Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » New here, long time Crohns patient

02-10-2017, 01:36 PM   #1
hummingbirdt

New here, long time Crohns patient

I'm new to this forum, looking forward to sharing my story and meeting others with Crohns. My name is Tracey and I was diagnosed with Crohns in 1984 (I'm 59 now) I had many years of remission after being put on Azulfadine. Around 2000 I experienced more pain and after being in hospital I was started on Remicade. Going back and forth on Remicade I was put on 6mp and other drugs I can't remember, but all were either drugs I had a reaction to or they stopped working. I've had 1 resection and 1 strictureplasty. Over the past 8 yrs I've had many bowel obstructions. A yr ago being in the hospital for a bowel obstruction they did a colonoscopy where they stretched the intestines open and shot steroids in to keep the area open. That lasted about a year, before having another obstruction. I'm having another colonoscopy in a couple days to stretch the area open again. Has anyone had a procedure like this? I can't find anything on the Internet. Thank you.
02-10-2017, 02:16 PM   #2
Scipio

My Support Groups:
Hello and welcome. it sounds like you had a balloon dilation of the intestine. I haven't had that but it has become a fairly common procedure in recent years. Here is a research paper discussing its effectiveness:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24528293
02-10-2017, 02:35 PM   #3
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Welcome. I hope the best for you.
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
02-10-2017, 03:00 PM   #4
cmack

My Support Groups:
Welcome Tracey,

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble. I'm pretty sure there are members of this forum who can relate. I hope you find some answers here.

Wishing you the very best of luck with everything you are going through,

cmack

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » New here, long time Crohns patient