• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Some advise requested

I am new to this forum. I sought you all out hoping for some advise on a touchy subject. I have been dating this guy for about a yr now. We have not had the, "I might poop on you in your sleep," conversation. Last night was a bad night, and of course we were at his place. i was able to clean up the sheets to hide the evidence, but how have you all handled this? It is so mortifying! Sometimes this all is just too much! :ylol::poo:

I'm sorry this is happening g to you. You say that you have been dating for a while. Does he know you have medical issues? Mabey just be honest. I was with my hubby when we were dating. The way I looked it was, if he doesn't want to deal with this, then Mabey not the guy for me. You could try some things like sleeping with a pad underneath you, or I use adult diapers. I prefer them as easier to clean & not so noticeable under my PJ's. I can get up at night change and get back to bed without waking my hubby.
Sending support your way. Some of the others here might have better ideas.
Whoops!

cmack

Staff member
I feel for you,

I totally understand what you are going through. I haven't been in a relationship for about 8-9 years due to this disease and basically not having the energy or income to date very much. Honesty is probably the best. Like woops! said maybe if he doesn't understand or appreciate your problem......well.... maybe not the right guy for you. I hope you can work it out with him. If not though don't blame yourself for things you cannot help. No need to be ashamed either, we all have weak times in our lives and if he is a good enough man he will understand. Hope it helps. I wouldn't tell him about the recent episode. I would just tell him you have this kind of trouble sometimes and see where it goes.

I may be way out in left field I'm no expert. I'm just a guy who understands this disease pretty well as I live with it too.

Hoping things work out great for you as a couple,

cmack