• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Runs in the Genes

I have had Crohn's for about 25 years but misdiagnosed for the first 5 or so. I also have Uvitus as a linked condition, Bronchectasis, and Pulmanary Fibrosis.
my Sisters child also has Crohn's and my son has Psoriasis. I think the immune system is responsible for both Crohn's and Psoriasis. I had been on Imixaflab for about a year when the hospital changed for a cheaper version and then I broke out in Psoriasis all over my body. The hospital changed me back and it cleared up, they though the changed triggered a marker in my body.
But now I have started itching and have bumps all over my back, armpits and lower tummy and bottom.
I hav rread a few items on this site but wondered what i could do to relive this which is worse at night and keeps me awake.
Thank You.
P.s I joined this site today!

Attachments

Welcome. I have psoriasis and Crohns also. Humira seems to be helping with the.itching. I am not sure if it is helping with the Crohns yet. Everyone is different. I wish you the best

Welcome to the forum. I have Crohn's, excema and allergies. They're probably all related. In Europe they use light therapy for psoriasis. Blue LED lights, or just plain sunshine. Excema and psoriasis seem to get worse in the winter. I'm on Betaderm, which is a topical corticosteroid.

Hello & welcome! My husband and his family all suffer terribly from psoriasis too. Mostly on his face (eyelids, between his eyebrows and either side of his nose), but his arms and legs are affected too. He gets as much sun exposure as he can, and gets the most relief from humid climates - he travels to Thailand as much as possible.
Medication-wise he gets the most benefit from Elidel. My kids are prone to eczema too. I try to keep the creams in the fridge so they can get some cool, soothingness.
Can you bare your bum in the outdoors?

Also, my psoriasis is not only on my skin but in my scalp and my dermatologist has me using shampoo with tar in it.

cmack

Staff member
Welcome Roger,

Maybe an antihistamine would help? I take Chlorpheniramine Maleate tablets 4mg. It helps bee stings and itchy hives.

Maybe give it a go it is OTC. I have never had a side effect. You should call the pharmacist and see if it agrees with your current meds.

cmack

Staff member
Welcome to the forum. I have Crohn's, excema and allergies. They're probably all related. In Europe they use light therapy for psoriasis. Blue LED lights, or just plain sunshine. Excema and psoriasis seem to get worse in the winter. I'm on Betaderm, which is a topical corticosteroid.
Betaderm worked for my mystery skin irritation last year. It itched so bad I couldn't sleep either. It really was quite bad. After several nights of no sleep it really gets to you! I also have hay fever. My doctor said that crohn's, allergies and skin ailments tend to go together.

Oh, I just remembered that I take Phenergan when I get an attack of the savage itches. Not sure how it interacts with other meds though...

cmack

Staff member
Hello & welcome! My husband and his family all suffer terribly from psoriasis too. Mostly on his face (eyelids, between his eyebrows and either side of his nose), but his arms and legs are affected too. He gets as much sun exposure as he can, and gets the most relief from humid climates - he travels to Thailand as much as possible.
Medication-wise he gets the most benefit from Elidel. My kids are prone to eczema too. I try to keep the creams in the fridge so they can get some cool, soothingness.
I have bared my bum in the outdoors before. LOL

Thank you, i am tryig e45 cream and antihistamines.
Never tried the bum outdoors, sounds interesting :)

I know when I'm going crazy from the itching after my shower I put straight Organic Coconut Oil all over my skin and that helps.