• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New To It All

V

victor

Hi, Let Me Introduce My Self. My Name Is Victor I Am 36yrs Old, Live In Tampa,fl And Was Dx With Crones 4 Months Ago.i Thought It Might Heip To Chat With Fellow Victims. After Getting Out Of The Hospital Things Have Been Getting A Little Better. Just A Kiddey Inf.dont Know If Its Related Or Not? It Seems Like Im Just Waiting & Wondering When Ill Get Sick Again. Still Trying To Figure It All Out.

Good luck. Everyone on this forum is very supportive of each other. My advice would be to stop worrying if you will get sick again. I know it is very hard to do at first and at first I could not do that. That caused me to go into depression for about two years, only after coming to this great forum did I get over my depression with the help of so many here. I would not wish depression on anyone so all I can say is to try and keep your mind preocupied with other things. I have found that excercise helps a lot with that. To look up information on crohn's check out our crohn's project. We are all trying to add to the wiki file to get as much info on Crohn's as possible.

Good luck, welcome

D

devildee(donna2005)LOL

Hi Victor
:welcome: to the forum is a great place and you feel right at home

B

btcrv

Hi Victor,

I also live in Tampa. Small world. Welcome to the forum. We are all here to help each other out.

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Welcome Victor! Hope you can stay out of the hospital for a while now. Please feel free to ask or post anything!

V

Valentina

hi Victor! welcome to the site! hope you like it here. (I love Tampa! hope the weather has been kind ;))

A

andilynn09

i was diagnosed 5 months ago, and am also still trying to figure it all out. posting and looking around here has helped though. WELCOME!

Kev

Hey Victor...

From one newbie to another ... BIG WELCOME... I'd also echo Jeff D's advice.. Just like everything else, health is cyclic... Regardless of the disease, we are all going to have good days and bad... Focus on the good things in life... joining a site like this is a positive step... (something you can control)... WOW?!? Is that me talking?
It isn't easy... but it helps if you reward yourself for each good day you have. It doesn't have to be grandiose (sp?) or extravagent, just something you enjoy doing... I've found that I can still enjoy going to bars/clubs with friends even tho I can't eat/drink with them... (mind you, I'd kill for some pub food & glass of beer).
But, we talk, joke, chat, and I make a great designated driver. And I also enjoy the feeling of not letting the disease control my whole life..., just my WORST days.