Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » What song is bouncing around your head?

03-22-2017, 07:38 PM   #241
cmack

My Support Groups:
I thought this one is pretty cool. Nothing offensive....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKdV5FvXLuI I like these fast, technical types of song.
03-23-2017, 06:58 AM   #242
Beach
Forum Monitor

Holy smokes, I've been listening to those guys since Brian Johnson first joined the band in 1980 - by 2009 his voice is about gone and off-pitch for most of the song. Not surprised Brian had to give it up by 2015 due to hearing loss.

I jammed and sang a lot of songs, but AC/DC stuff is hard to sing. I can't do it.
They would have been great fun to see in concert. That appears to be something I've missed out on with the singers retirement. I wasn't much into listening to AC/DC over the years. I have a friend though that is a fan. For awhile for a fun hobby we began practicing the guitar. I remember I could play parts of Back in Black. I would butcher the solo bits though something awful.
03-23-2017, 07:54 PM   #243
cmack

My Support Groups:
Hello all,

I think we need to give GI Jane a song. Since she created this thread and is so sick right now, I thought she deserved a good one. Any suggestions?
03-23-2017, 08:33 PM   #244
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Sending support to her
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
03-23-2017, 08:36 PM   #245
cmack

My Support Groups:
My support as well.
03-24-2017, 04:33 AM   #246
CYY

My Support Groups:
Hello all,

I think we need to give GI Jane a song. Since she created this thread and is so sick right now, I thought she deserved a good one. Any suggestions?
Although I know close to nothing about the piano, I thought that this was a nice piece. It's called "Arise" and I think that's a fitting name for a song that has a positive vibe to it. Sort of like overcoming whatever difficulties and challenges that you face in life. Link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5TeBM0mEUmQ

The composer, Alan Stewart, suffers from an uncommon eye disorder that leaves him partially blind, so I guess he's kind of in a similar situation as us Crohnies to a certain extent. I admire how he has channelled his time and energy into playing the piano, despite his disability. I don't mean this as an advertisement, but do check out his other piano compositions too! They're really good!

Anyways, I hope you get better, GI Jane. We all miss you!
Currently on: Methotrexate 20mg/week, Folic Acid 5mg, Atenolol 50mg, Modulen IBD (10 scoops), Ondansetron (PRN), Debridat 100mg (PRN), Anarex (PRN), Ventolin (PRN)
Previously on: Azathioprine 50mg, Propanolol 25mg, Seretide
03-24-2017, 07:55 AM   #247
Tony H

: https://vimeo.com/11740574?ref=em-v-share

from my favourite Beatle George Harrison

emazole 40mg daily
03-24-2017, 12:02 PM   #248
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hello all,

I think she has already posted this one but I was thinking of Hold On by Tobymac.
03-24-2017, 03:43 PM   #249
cmack

My Support Groups:
TobyMac Hold On https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhUOZGkWC1k

This one is nice.
03-24-2017, 03:51 PM   #250
cmack

My Support Groups:
You all have great taste in music.
03-24-2017, 08:26 PM   #251
Tuff

My Support Groups:
Hope you feel better soon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnyh6i9NvmE

Stelara, Warfarin, calcium, Vitamins B12, D.
Previously: 5-Asa, Cipro, Flagyl, Prednisone, Aza, Remicade.
Pulmonary Embolism, DVT's, osteopenia, Peripheral neuropathy.
03-24-2017, 09:00 PM   #252
cmack

My Support Groups:
Tuff

Beautiful song.
03-24-2017, 09:46 PM   #253
GI Jane

My Support Groups:
I've moved back to Florida. In my youth I lived in Florida and remember the music most popular was guitar driven rock. The family later moved to the mid-west, and the popular music in the college town we moved to was different.

Anyway, I turned off my iPod in the car yesterday, turned on the radio and began listening to different Florida radio station. It was the same music as my youth being played! I was surprised. Music taste apparently had not changed much in 30 plus years.

Have this song running in my head after hearing it a couple times yesterday.

AC/DC - T.N.T. (from Live at River Plate)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44XYEeD1A1U
Always loved this song....dang was claustrophobic just watching the crowd lol....almost wish they would show screens of them when we new them back in the day...you wish they wouldn't age...who are these old guys on stage....lol

Tuff, loved the Diana Ross original version, but this one was done well.

Tony, Rag'n'Bone Man was realy cool....loved it.
03-24-2017, 11:12 PM   #254
cmack

My Support Groups:
This is great music, GI Jane has a nurse who nurse recommended it. Very cool. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB1cjDBfwYc
03-24-2017, 11:28 PM   #255
cmack

My Support Groups:
Great tunes!

Last edited by cmack; 03-24-2017 at 11:40 PM. Reason: error
03-24-2017, 11:35 PM   #256
GI Jane

My Support Groups:
Although I know close to nothing about the piano, I thought that this was a nice piece. It's called "Arise" and I think that's a fitting name for a song that has a positive vibe to it. Sort of like overcoming whatever difficulties and challenges that you face in life. Link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5TeBM0mEUmQ

The composer, Alan Stewart, suffers from an uncommon eye disorder that leaves him partially blind, so I guess he's kind of in a similar situation as us Crohnies to a certain extent. I admire how he has channelled his time and energy into playing the piano, despite his disability. I don't mean this as an advertisement, but do check out his other piano compositions too! They're really good!

Anyways, I hope you get better, GI Jane. We all miss you!
That was great...it really was like waking up in the morning....very cool.

Tuff, Shambala wow flashback city cool....went on a kick of watching their hits...got to love that hair and mustaches and bell bottom pants.

Tony, it blocked me on that one here what's the name?

OK just got more meds crashing....
03-24-2017, 11:42 PM   #257
cmack

My Support Groups:
Have a good sleep.
03-25-2017, 12:22 AM   #258
Tony H

Tony, it blocked me on that one here what's the name?

OK just got more meds crashing....

Its the acoustic version of While My Guitar Gently Weeps
feel better Jane

03-25-2017, 06:56 AM   #259
Beach
Forum Monitor

Always loved this song....dang was claustrophobic just watching the crowd lol....almost wish they would show screens of them when we new them back in the day...you wish they wouldn't age...who are these old guys on stage....lol

Tuff, loved the Diana Ross original version, but this one was done well.

Tony, Rag'n'Bone Man was realy cool....loved it.
I know. I'll something see interviews of the bands I used to love in my youth. I'll wonder what happened. This could be used as an anti-drug commercial, much as seen often in the 80s. Time moves on. I'm finding that out the last couple of weeks. My nephews have been visiting, in waves, for spring break. How did they grow up and they have entirely different tastes in music. I mentioned the Beatles to one of them, and he thought I was taking about bugs.
03-25-2017, 08:54 AM   #260
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I know. I'll something see interviews of the bands I used to love in my youth. I'll wonder what happened. This could be used as an anti-drug commercial, much as seen often in the 80s. Time moves on. I'm finding that out the last couple of weeks. My nephews have been visiting, in waves, for spring break. How did they grow up and they have entirely different tastes in music. I mentioned the Beatles to one of them, and he thought I was taking about bugs.
My son is 26 and loves the Beatles.

03-25-2017, 09:57 AM   #261
Tony H

My son is 26 and loves the Beatles.

theres hope for the younger generation yet Ron ,
my son is the main source of new music to listen to

03-25-2017, 04:20 PM   #262
GI Jane

My Support Groups:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&v=jlrM6AQ179k

Ok these were too fun to not post....flash back time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8ul_U_XHB0
03-25-2017, 07:13 PM   #263
cmack

My Support Groups:
Those were neat Jane. Frito Bandito was funny, I used to drink RC Cola and Honey Comb was my favorite cereal for years. The Chevrolet commercials were cool too. Right on. Those made me smile. I hope you have been smiling as well.
03-26-2017, 08:26 AM   #264
Beach
Forum Monitor

They were so musical in past commercials. That was a neat walk through the past.
03-26-2017, 11:17 AM   #265
Bufford

My Support Groups:
Billy Thorpe 21st Century Man. Very inspirational album, Rise is a song that sometimes won't stop playing in my head. As clear as wearing headphones, with big bass too! I find that playing my favorites helps me deal with my Crohn's. Music therapy.
03-28-2017, 08:00 PM   #266
Tuff

My Support Groups:
Macy Gray
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEQ0l_m3Xm0
03-28-2017, 08:12 PM   #267
cmack

My Support Groups:
That is a nice song.
03-29-2017, 06:29 AM   #268
Beach
Forum Monitor

Los Lobos - La Bamba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLAWPrCUQQ0
03-29-2017, 12:05 PM   #269
GI Jane

My Support Groups:
Wow La Bamba takes me back...have to check on Netflix if it's on. Loved Marcy Gray such a mellow tone.
03-29-2017, 12:30 PM   #270
Beach
Forum Monitor

I've been watching a Mexican Netflix series of late. It had me thinking of La Bamba.

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » What song is bouncing around your head?