Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Remicade levels really low...

02-24-2017, 08:38 AM   #1
Brad P

Remicade levels really low...

Last summer I had a bad flare and it was decided I start Remicade. By the time I had my first treatment that fall, I was feeling pretty good again. Right after treatment 3 on Nov 30, my Crohn's started acting up again and hasn't improved. Before treatment #4 in late January, they took blood to test my levels. 7 is the maintenance level. I was 1.2 which is barely detectable. They also didn't find any antibodies in my system. So they are upping my next dose from 300ml to 500ml and that is mid-March.

I am really hoping this next dose works next time. Has anyone been down a similar road where after a few treatments Remicade wasn't working, saw their levels were really low and a higher dose made a difference?
March 8th, 2010 - off work due to Crohn's, scarred stricture.
May 19th, 2010 - Roux en Y duodenal bowel bypass surgery (gastrojejunostomy)
October 2010 - Fully recovered, back to work...again!
May-July 2016 - Bad Crohn's flareup (apparently)
02-24-2017, 04:29 PM   #2
shamrock15
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I don't think I have had that problem. It took some tinkering to get mine at the right levels. I am somewhat concerned that my levels may be dropping now. I do also have to have my imuran examined as I just picked up some skin cancer. Joys. Hopefully a little tinkering will solve your issue for you.
02-24-2017, 04:30 PM   #3
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
That did not happen with me but I hope the higher dose works for you. Besides this section, there is a section called Treatment and underneath that is a subsection called Remicade. You might try posting there also.

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Remicade levels really low...