Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Bloating and cramping remedy

02-25-2017, 04:49 PM   #1
ebarker2

My Support Groups:
Bloating and cramping remedy

Just had a bad bout of bloating and cramping, probably from eating some seaweed I couldn't handle. It was getting bad enough to begin thinking i might have food poisoning. Anyway i took a combination of Glutenease DPP-IV digestive enzymes, 3 activated charcoal pills, 1 15mg zinc pill and a nettle tea, and within half an hour everything had settled down nicely, and I was even able to eat a broth and some banana bread for supper. Don't know if this combination will work for others and other circumstances, but just wanted to share.l
Diagnosed Crohn's 2007. Pentasa and several other drugs. Began exercising and taking better care of body in 2008. Lost 45 pounds, gradually reduced junk food, alcohol and tobacco. Stopped meds 2009. Went Gluten free, lactose free. Finally tobacco and alcohol free in 2013. Biopsies and internal camera since then come back with 'no trace of disease'.
02-25-2017, 05:23 PM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
That is good news. Make sure a doctor is monitoring you. There could be damage going on in your body that you are not aware of.
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
02-25-2017, 11:52 PM   #3
Layla

My Support Groups:
Have you tried peppermint oil? I think it works really well and very quickly. I usually put a drop in a glass of water or tea.
Resection due to strictures in 2014
Currently taking: amitriptyline, zinc, multi vitamin, b12 shots, Vit D, B complex, magnesium, calcium, Psyllium and the occasional iron infusion, probably sarting a medical trial soon

Previously on Remicade, Humira, Prednisone, Azathioprine, MTX, Pentasa, Asacol, Salofalk
02-26-2017, 02:47 AM   #4
ebarker2

My Support Groups:
That is good news. Make sure a doctor is monitoring you. There could be damage going on in your body that you are not aware of.
Thanks Ronroush, you've said it before, and now you have got me thinking. I live in the UK, and basically once the GI ward has discharged someone, you're back to just GP services. There's a kind of crisis here in the National Health Service so only acute cases get seen and followed up. They do do a few tests on the National Health, and i'm going to look into them, but for instance the bowel cancer tests only screens for polyps, which as far as I remember isn't particularly useful.

I would like know my inflammatory markers, and particularly if I've got elevated zonulin levels. I also want to know if my microbiome composition is dysbiotic. These tests aren't currently offered but you've got me thinking i should do the research and get tested privately. So thanks for the head's up.

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Bloating and cramping remedy