Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Looking for open minded GI in Boston

02-25-2017, 06:50 PM   #1
sulimir

Looking for open minded GI in Boston

Hi, I'm in Boston area. I'm looking for second opinion with my Crohn's. I would like to find a doctor who is open minded to different treatments and not afraid to experiment.
02-27-2017, 12:24 PM   #2
Scipio

My Support Groups:
My suggestion is to go to GIs who specialize in IBD rather than to general GIs. Both Mass General and Beth Israel Deaconess have active IBD centers or programs.

One doc I have heard of at Beth Israel is Adam Cheifetz, MD. I haven't met him, so I don't know whether he open-minded to new treatments in the way you are seeking. But I do know he is an active researcher trying to improve Crohn's care, so he may be worth a shot. Or perhaps you can peruse the interests and specialties of the medical staffs at the two IBD centers and see of any of the other docs sounds like what you are looking for.
02-27-2017, 01:11 PM   #3
sulimir

My suggestion is to go to GIs who specialize in IBD rather than to general GIs. Both Mass General and Beth Israel Deaconess have active IBD centers or programs.

One doc I have heard of at Beth Israel is Adam Cheifetz, MD. I haven't met him, so I don't know whether he open-minded to new treatments in the way you are seeking. But I do know he is an active researcher trying to improve Crohn's care, so he may be worth a shot. Or perhaps you can peruse the interests and specialties of the medical staffs at the two IBD centers and see of any of the other docs sounds like what you are looking for.
Thank you. Yes, I am working on getting g appointment at MGH.
03-02-2017, 10:55 AM   #4
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
I'm not sure about exact locations. But, if you'll search the doctor directory you can find some doctors in your state that members here have used. Here's the link to help you.

http://www.crohnsforum.com/doctor

Current Meds:
Pentasa 1000mg 2xday or Mesalamine DR 1.2gm 2xday, Canasa Suppositories (when needed) 1000mg 1xday, Tylenol 3 with codeine 300-30mg (when needed)

Non-Meds:
600+D Calcium 2xday, Multivitamin, 65mg Iron 1xday, Fish Oil 1000mg, Vitamin D3 5,000 I.U., Eye Drops 2xday

UP Support Group http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=68350

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Looking for open minded GI in Boston