Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's of ileum, how often colonoscopy?

03-01-2017, 03:04 PM   #1
BqHM7z7Ks8sP

My Support Groups:
Crohn's of ileum, how often colonoscopy?

Does anyone know of an official recommendation about how frequently I should get a colonoscopy if I have been diagnosed with crohn's of my ileum? (And had a resection.)

Tnx
Jay
03-01-2017, 04:39 PM   #2
Scipio

My Support Groups:
It probably depends a lot on how you are doing. If your disease is quiet and well-controlled you won't need colonoscopies very often - maybe once a year or so. But if you are having flares or the doc wants to change your medication then he will likely want to get a look to see what is going on.
03-01-2017, 05:12 PM   #3
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I am 60. I had a resection seven years ago. I had my terminal ileum and a small part of my colon removed. My disease ii active. I have to have a colonoscopy every two years.
03-01-2017, 08:03 PM   #4
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
I am on a yearly schedule for scopes, mainly due to the length of time I have been diagnosed - over 30 years.....if I had an issue I'd have them done more often, as needed.

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
03-01-2017, 08:26 PM   #5
BqHM7z7Ks8sP

My Support Groups:
Tnx guys. At least every two years.

Jay

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's of ileum, how often colonoscopy?