Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Update on my life

03-02-2017, 06:01 AM   #1
eleanor_rigby

My Support Groups:
Update on my life

I thought I would post an update. Some background about me is that I experienced terrible cramps/contractions on and off from 2006 - 2011. In 2011 I had an emergency right hemicolectomy for a perforated ileum that was misdiagnosed as appendicitis. I went from 2011-2015 unmonitored and felt amazingly well during that time no contractions.

Then in 2015 the contractions came back and I had a colonoscopy that revealed Crohn's. Since January 2016 I have suffered right-sided pain, fatigue, very occasional contractions (I'm convinced these are partial obstructions), horrible wind, gurgling and gas. I was prescribed budesonide and then prednisolone last year both of which did nothing for my symptoms. I've been on 50mg of azathioprine since April 2016 and nothing else. None of this has altered my symptoms in any way.

My last stool sample fecal calproctectin was 36 and my MRI with contrast result was completely normal. Yet still I feel the same as I did before aza and steroids. Finally today my GI has increased my aza to 75mg and has booked me in for a colonoscopy. I'm convinced she will find my bowel has not healed like she is adamant it has. I will keep everyone updated.
03-02-2017, 07:17 AM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Thanks for the update. I hope they can find some relief for you.
03-02-2017, 08:49 AM   #3
scottsma

My Support Groups:
Me too.Feel better soon.
03-02-2017, 09:16 AM   #4
Tony H

feel better soon

emazole 40mg daily
03-06-2017, 12:05 PM   #5
eleanor_rigby

My Support Groups:
Thanks everyone. I'm having an upper endoscopy and colonoscopy on 12th April. I will update with how I get on.
04-12-2017, 03:03 AM   #6
eleanor_rigby

My Support Groups:
Halfway through the first round of prep and really struggling not to vomit :-( just another litre and a half to go by 12
04-12-2017, 02:10 PM   #7
eleanor_rigby

My Support Groups:
I have had my colonoscopy and upper endoscopy now. I found the moviprep a real struggle to get down and was late finishing. It's just vile and there's so much of it. I was passing yellow almost neon liquid right up to before the procedure. My report says my bowel preparation was adequate which is disappointing, last time it was excellent.

The procedure went OK. Probably better than last time. I felt a lot of discomfort but managed to refrain from screaming and swearing unlike last time!

My report says the following:
Upper endoscopy -
There is no gastric ulceration or inflammation. There is one aphthous ulcer in the D2 duodenum.

Colonoscopy -
Colon was normal.
Terminal ileum - There were three superficial aphthous ulcers <3mm in size [Rutgeerts Grade 1] around the surgical anastomosis but much improved to previous colonoscopy. No confluent small bowel ulceration.

Anyone have any opinions on this? Could these 4 ulcers explain my symptoms from time-to-time (fatigue, occasional gas and discomfort, occasional lower right quadrant aching pains)?
Thanks
04-12-2017, 10:10 PM   #8
Jabee

My Support Groups:
Even though the upper and lower scopes showed only a few small ulcers I would see if you can get a pill cam to take a good look at your jejunum and the rest of your ileum. There's a lot of bowel that hasn't been completely examined.
04-13-2017, 12:57 AM   #9
cmack

My Support Groups:
Hi elanor,

I'm pretty sure your immune system is out of whack. I hope you find a solution.

Have you tried a food diary?

I wish you the very best,

cmack

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Update on my life