Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » First time talking about my crohns

03-28-2017, 03:18 PM   #31
Osirismc

Hey Osirismc,

I used to work in the body shop for a Mack/Volvo dealership in Calgary Alberta. I also helped the heavy duty mechanics and the auto detailer too. I have a lot of years put in turning wrenches. I never got finished my apprenticeship because that is when I got sick. Oh well, I loved every minute of it. I still do a little work on passenger cars and trucks as well.

Thanks for sharing that with me. I think it is cool to be mechanically inclined.

Your bud,

cmack
It's awesome to know I'm not the only one. Turning wrenches really keeps me going, as frustrating as it can be sometimes. Ironically I'm going to school for Electrical Engineering, I always told myself I'd keep my mechanics a side job or back up option for myself for now. I love being mechanically inclined, a very lacking skill in todays day and age. Thank you for sharing with me!
03-28-2017, 03:22 PM   #32
Osirismc

Hahah ugh I know. Getting over this feeling is something I'm still working on.

Honestly, I've found places that already have menu items that work for me - those are the places I'll go to regularly...Then save my "That customer" moments for when I am travelling.
Ironically I was in Kentucky for spring break last week, and as much as I hated being that customer most places were actually very accommodating. All but one because they ran out of the food that I could eat haha.
03-28-2017, 11:02 PM   #33
cmack

My Support Groups:
Hey Osirismc,

Thank you as well. keep us updated. pm me if you like too.
03-31-2017, 06:21 AM   #34
mellyag

My Support Groups:
I find that Subway isn't too bad if you get something that agrees. Sometimes I have a tuna sub on whole wheat, hold the cheese. I usually get away with it. It depends what agrees with your system.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » First time talking about my crohns