Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Epigastric Pain?

03-10-2017, 12:50 PM   #1
LesleyT

Epigastric Pain?

Hey everyone. I'm a newly diagnosed Crohn's sufferer. I was in hospital for 9 days and had cameras down and up! CR scans, Ultra Sound and MRI. I have Crohn's of the lower right ileum. I was on a liquid Modulen diet for 5 weeks which helped but not considerably. I am now on Prednisolone tapering down 5mg each week from 30mg. Ompeprazole 20mg.
I was wondering if anyone had upper abdominal pain? -epigastric- ? It feels tender off and on, almost like there is a pressure there. I also feel breathless if I try and do too much. It almost feels like a strain. This has been going on now for about 5 weeks. My consultant says there is nothing to see there. Is it just purely related to the Crohn's? Has anyone out there experienced this kind of discomfort?
Many thanks guys.
03-10-2017, 06:43 PM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Welcome to the forum. I am sorry for what you are going through. I can't answer your question but I am sure someone else can.
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
03-11-2017, 10:46 PM   #3
Jabee

My Support Groups:
Prednisone has given me upper abdominal pain because it can be (ironically) tough on the stomach. At one point I was given sucralfate to take several times a day and that helped. If the pain gets worse the farther you taper down on the prednisone you might be flaring again. I would recommend asking your GI about the prednisone affecting your stomach.
03-12-2017, 03:00 AM   #4
eleanor_rigby

My Support Groups:
I get cramp pain in the place you are describing from my Crohn's being active in the lower right ileum
03-12-2017, 11:39 PM   #5
tots

My Support Groups:
I agree with Jabee- when I read your post Prednisone was the first thing I though of.

I sure hope things get better soon.

Lauren

Diagnosed= 1992 and again Feb 2012 Confirmed with
CT enterography May 2015 !!

Waiting for the ok from my Ins company to restart Remicade. Will also start Imuron to get into remission!
I know it's out there somewhere and I WILL find it!

:

Ok, my family Dr told me to cut down on the stress- a husband, 3 kids, and 3 dogs!

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Epigastric Pain?