• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I don't know what to do

I've been experiencing IBD symptoms for over a month now. I am scheduled for a colonoscopy and an endoscopy in a week, however I am having trouble eating and drinking. Everything makes my stomach hurt and I have no appetite. I'm sure I'm getting dehydrated and I haven't had a bowel movement for a few days now. I have passed gas though. I'm contemplating if I should go to the hospital because I cannot eat or drink. What should I do? I'm afraid they will just pump me with fluids and send me home. I just want to find out what's wrong with me ASAP so I can feel better.

Getting pumped up with fluids is a good thing. I just had it done last night. They also put in liquid Gravol because I get severely nauseated when I'm flaring. In the last few days I've only been on liquids. Broths are good, and sports drinks, and try to drink lots of water. Maybe they can give you something to help for the next week.