Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » Cipro and Yoga - good idea??

03-14-2017, 05:33 PM   #1
Jersey Girl

Cipro and Yoga - good idea??

I was just prescribed Cipro and Flagyl and I am currently tapering off Prednisone and am down to 5 mg. I regularly do yoga but have been reading that Cipro can cause issues with tendons. What I have seen is that tendons may rupture, specifically the Achilles, and more so when you are also on steroids. I worry about the stretching in yoga and was wondering if anyone has any advice about or experience with this. I tried to search and apologize if this has already been answered. Thanks for any information anyone can provide.
03-14-2017, 06:44 PM   #2
cmack

My Support Groups:
Hey Jersey,

I had cipro and flagyl, no pred though. I never had any trouble with my tendons while doing exercise unless I did something stupid. Like trying to ski backwards on one ski. LOL My best advice is that if it hurts, avoid it for now.

I'm not an expert, just a friend that cares about you,

cmack
03-15-2017, 07:48 AM   #3
Jersey Girl

Thanks cmack. I don't want to stop doing yoga if I don't have to. It definitely helps keep me in a good mental place. Fingers crossed I won't have any problems.
03-15-2017, 09:34 AM   #4
cmack

My Support Groups:
Jersey,

Just remember the rule. If it hurts, don't do it. Listen to your body.

cmack

Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » Cipro and Yoga - good idea??