• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Share your experience of practising exercercises

Hello :)
I would like to know your story of practising exercises.. Can you do exercise? How do you feel? Wich you do? How many days do you practise exercise? And what exercise you feel uncomfortable doing?

Hey Carina,

So to qualify myself, I'm a personal trainer, just so you know I'm not making stuff up. :p

The evidence suggests that exercise is great for people with Crohn's. Just not super intense exercise. I personally lift about 6 days a week, love it.

I made a short video here about the basics of exercise with Crohn's if you'd like to check that out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9VFd7_mxpE

For me exercise was completely key to getting better. And i know that if I stop exercising, the whole thing will start up again. I try to do at least an hour most days. Take one or two days off a week where i just cycle and do yoga. Otherwise its full-on tennis or HIIT sessions.

I like to do pilates or yoga a couple of days a week and then add a day or two of a cardio workout like Zumba. If I over do it I am exhausted for a couple of days after so I don't do cardio more than a couple of days a week.