Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » Fitness and Exercise » Share your experience of practising exercercises

03-17-2017, 11:45 AM   #1
Carina0

Share your experience of practising exercercises

Hello
I would like to know your story of practising exercises.. Can you do exercise? How do you feel? Wich you do? How many days do you practise exercise? And what exercise you feel uncomfortable doing?
03-31-2017, 10:01 AM   #2
Nate Ohlson

Hey Carina,

So to qualify myself, I'm a personal trainer, just so you know I'm not making stuff up. :P

The evidence suggests that exercise is great for people with Crohn's. Just not super intense exercise. I personally lift about 6 days a week, love it.

I made a short video here about the basics of exercise with Crohn's if you'd like to check that out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9VFd7_mxpE
03-31-2017, 11:26 AM   #3
ebarker2

My Support Groups:
For me exercise was completely key to getting better. And i know that if I stop exercising, the whole thing will start up again. I try to do at least an hour most days. Take one or two days off a week where i just cycle and do yoga. Otherwise its full-on tennis or HIIT sessions.
Diagnosed Crohn's 2007. Pentasa and several other drugs. Began exercising and taking better care of body in 2008. Lost 45 pounds, gradually reduced junk food, alcohol and tobacco. Stopped meds 2009. Went Gluten free, lactose free. Finally tobacco and alcohol free in 2013. Biopsies and internal camera since then come back with 'no trace of disease'.
04-02-2017, 06:25 PM   #4
teeny5

My Support Groups:
I like to do pilates or yoga a couple of days a week and then add a day or two of a cardio workout like Zumba. If I over do it I am exhausted for a couple of days after so I don't do cardio more than a couple of days a week.

Previous meds: Sulfasalazine, Asacol, Rowasa, Pentasa, Entocort.

"Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. -Ralph Waldo Emerson"

Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » Fitness and Exercise » Share your experience of practising exercercises