Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Had four infliximab and now this is a no go too

03-22-2017, 02:35 AM   #1
TammyR

Had four infliximab and now this is a no go too

So depressing. It works for my Crohns but it's causing me a rash ever since my fourth dose. Went for dose five on Monday and wasn't given it. Back on 40mg pred tapering dose with a view to humira starting.

Have felt like my partial obstruction is back since Friday last week. Most sick/nausea is today along with diarrheah.

Lucky me.
MRCP 6/16, 7/17 - no change (2 small cysts)
CT Abdomen and Pelvis 10/16 - Acute/Chronic flare distal small bowel with at least two areas of partial obstruction identified.
Started Humira 12/4/17. Previously on Remicade (4 rounds - caused rash), Pentasa, Aza (caused pancreatitis).
03-22-2017, 06:16 AM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
So depressing. It works for my Crohns but it's causing me a rash ever since my fourth dose. Went for dose five on Monday and wasn't given it. Back on 40mg pred tapering dose with a view to humira starting.

Have felt like my partial obstruction is back since Friday last week. Most sick/nausea is today along with diarrheah.

Lucky me.
I am really sorry.

Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
03-22-2017, 08:03 AM   #3
Judy

Lucky me.

Ask your doctor about getting you on Humira. It has been a life saver for me.

04-18-2017, 04:22 AM   #4
TammyR

Ask your doctor about getting you on Humira. It has been a life saver for me.
I started Humira last week, fingers crossed this is a better option for me. I'm on 10mg pred this week with 5mg next week and then off this dreaded medication and just on Humira. I'm really hoping that this one is successful.
04-18-2017, 06:26 AM   #5
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I started Humira last week, fingers crossed this is a better option for me. I'm on 10mg pred this week with 5mg next week and then off this dreaded medication and just on Humira. I'm really hoping that this one is successful.
Hoping the best for you.

04-18-2017, 06:56 AM   #6
Judy

I hope it is the one that works for you too. It does take some time as I am sure you have been told. It is a frustrating disease.

04-19-2017, 10:29 AM   #7
Bufford

My Support Groups:
Hope it works. I had a bad reaction to Remicade, the GI sugested trying another biologic, but after my experience I am very afraid. I am in remission and am doing well with diet and stress control, so I'm not rocking the boat unless I get a bad flare.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Had four infliximab and now this is a no go too