Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » From the Crohn's prison to remission

03-27-2017, 10:06 AM   #1
Nate Ohlson

From the Crohn's prison to remission

Hey guys,

It's taken me a decade, but I've come from severe Crohn's to remission, off medication. I still have small flares now and then, but I'm able to mostly live normal life.
03-27-2017, 12:15 PM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Glad you are doing so well.
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
03-28-2017, 09:26 AM   #3
Nate Ohlson

Thank you! I'm happy to try and help others get to the same place any way I can, I know it's different for all of us, but there's certainly some commonalities that can benefit everyone!
03-30-2017, 10:18 PM   #4
Lady Organic
Forum Monitor

Hi and welcome! I'd be glad to hear your story and what keeps you in remission and off medication?

Diet: ''IBD-AID'' : http://www.nutritionj.com/content/13/1/5+ organic food only
suppl Curcuminoid extract, Inulin,psyllium, apple pectin, Vitamin D

past meds:
pred 50mg, 5-ASA, cortifoam, Imuran (failed) Purinethol (success) methotrexate (failed CD and arthritis).
03-31-2017, 09:40 AM   #5
Nate Ohlson

Sure! The short version would be a combination of consistent exercise, quality diet, meditation, mindset changes, a ton of coaching, and a few different supplements. I'm working on putting together a Youtube channel to share some of this info on a free platform so people can have easier access to it.
03-31-2017, 10:59 AM   #6
KatieRose00

That's so good to hear. Hope you can stay in remission!!
04-01-2017, 11:07 AM   #7
Kancer

My Support Groups:
Sure! The short version would be a combination of consistent exercise, quality diet, meditation, mindset changes, a ton of coaching, and a few different supplements. I'm working on putting together a Youtube channel to share some of this info on a free platform so people can have easier access to it.
I would really want to hear about it. I really do not want to take any medication other than Pentasa. Currently put on Azathioprine to see if it would close my fistula without surgery.

If possible, do you think you can give an example of your daily routine e.g. Day in Life Episodes you see on youtube. Thx
04-02-2017, 03:25 PM   #8
Nate Ohlson

Ohhhh that's is a GREAT idea, I'll work on that!

Here's what I've been able to put together so far in terms of videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_l...gzSjCnnIVZtN8w

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » From the Crohn's prison to remission