Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Prednisone/Entocort » Is it the prednisone that's making me weak or the Crohns?

03-31-2017, 04:06 AM   #1
Turftech

My Support Groups:
Is it the prednisone that's making me weak or the Crohns?

I know no one can tell for sure. It I was on 60 mg of preds and I'm tasting down fast to 40 now cause I don't want to be on this crap.

I was doing 30mg morning and night and waking up at 3am every morning and that was my day.

Now Ive set it up 40mg just in the morning but shortly after I take it I become completely weak and need to lie down for a couple hours.

It feels like my bones just aren't able to hold me up.

I was on preds for most of 2015 but it's was a low does of 20-30 mostly and I don't remember all this.

Mind you, I'm growing monster hair everywhere but my head, I have slight moon face, and I'm breaking out like a teenager. Which is all great

Anyway, what do you guys think? Anyone better off taking a large dose of prednisone at night? Maybe I should switch it up.

Thanks

Chris
Currently on Remicade and methotrexate but not really working.
Large joint issues due to Crohns
Daily dump of water 5X/day
Often just feel like hell and have no motivation for anything.
I love being a dad more than anything. Crohns limits my ability to do so, which frustrates me to no end.
03-31-2017, 04:45 AM   #2
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
When I was on pred I took it all at once and I took it in the morning when I first got up with my breakfast. One of the things with prednisone is that it kept me from sleeping, and I'd be surprised if it doesn't do the same to you.

But, if you're feeling weak after taking it I'd make sure to contact your doctor about it. They'd be the best to ask. I hope you can get some answers, please keep us updated.

Current Meds:
Pentasa 1000mg 2xday or Mesalamine DR 1.2gm 2xday, Canasa Suppositories (when needed) 1000mg 1xday, Tylenol 3 with codeine 300-30mg (when needed)

Non-Meds:
600+D Calcium 2xday, Multivitamin, 65mg Iron 1xday, Fish Oil 1000mg, Vitamin D3 5,000 I.U., Eye Drops 2xday

UP Support Group http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=68350
03-31-2017, 05:22 AM   #3
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I would have blood work done to see if it is the Crohn's Disease.

Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Prednisone/Entocort » Is it the prednisone that's making me weak or the Crohns?