Share Facebook

04-02-2017, 05:08 PM   #1
KatieRose00

Juicing?

I recently diagnosed with Crohn's Disease. So now I watch really watch how much fiber I eat cause I don't want to irritate anything worse. Anyway I love fresh fruits and vegetables so it's pretty tough not being able to eat. What are some ways to get those fruits and vegetables in my diet? I heard of juicing and am wondering if anyone had any success with it. Thanks!
04-02-2017, 11:45 PM   #2
Magnolia24

My Support Groups:
I don't have a juicer, but I imagine it could be an option. I'm recovering from a flare now and have had fresh pressed juice and use organic 100% grape juice with gelatin. I would stick with mostly veggies to avoid the high concentration of sugar in fruit juice.
I find that boiling and pureeing veggies such as spinach, squash, and carrots is a great way to get fiber and other nutrients in a tummy-friendly way while in a flare.
04-03-2017, 07:40 AM   #3
Justanothercp

My Support Groups:
I have a juicer and use it at times. It is helpful during a flare. It is quite expensive, as it takes a lot of produce to get a glass of juice. But effective at taking out fiber.
10-24-2017, 12:55 PM   #4
Nadene

I have a juicer also, but never thought to use it for the nutrients. I think I may use my nutria bullet to make smoothies, and get my nutrition that way.