Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Medicine for crohns with Diarrhoea help and info needed

04-03-2017, 11:25 AM   #1
eagel

Medicine for crohns with Diarrhoea help and info needed

Hi
I hope to get some info and help
I have Crohn’s Disease and Ankylosing spondylitis for over 15 years now and have taken steroids and Mezavant XL 4800mg which always have worked, but have caused a cataract. I am now on Mezavant XL 4800mg and weekly Humira injections for 6 month. At first Humira worked completely, but for the last 3 month I now have got again explosive Diarrhoea and bleeding. I spent a minimum of 10 times running to the toilet a day, and get anxious going out and that causes stress and then more flare ups.
I had a SeHCAT Scan for suspected bile acid malabsorption which I have not got and is not my cause for my Diarrhoea.
I also take 60mg Codeine and 16mg Loperamide a day but Diarrhoea will not stop, only with Prednisolone Steroids.
Does any body got an idea about medicines like Methotrexat etc to recommend, which I can suggest to my DR in combo Maybe like Humira (which controls the pain and other symptoms) and Methotrexat?
Any info would be most welcome.

Last edited by eagel; 04-04-2017 at 02:03 AM.
04-03-2017, 09:43 PM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
You might try posting in the Treatment section also.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Medicine for crohns with Diarrhoea help and info needed