Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » A Hello and a Thank You

04-10-2017, 11:26 AM   #1
WigglyBelly

A Hello and a Thank You

Hello,
I've been reading the threads here for about 18 months and, to mark the one year anniversary of my Crohn's diagnosis, I wanted to offer a heartfelt thank you to all of the people here and the stories they have so bravely shared. From sitting in the bathroom in the throes of a flare to colonoscopy prep to finding out I am not alone when my nose runs like crazy, you all have been so helpful in letting me know I am not alone in my journey.

So hello everyone and thank you.
04-10-2017, 11:42 AM   #2
scottsma

My Support Groups:
Hello and welcome to the forum,but sorry you have to be here of course.Why don't you tell us about yourself and your journey here.We're always interested in others stories,and your posts will be of help to those who find themselves lurking.
I hope you are feeling well now.
04-10-2017, 12:31 PM   #3
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Welcome. I agree with the above post. Sorry you have Crohns but you have come to a great place.
04-10-2017, 12:59 PM   #4
Sophabulous

My Support Groups:
Hi there! It's my first anniversary on the 20th of this month, this time last year we were both in the same boat!

I have it marked on my calendar 'Crohnsiversary!'

I'm not even kidding ha ha!

Currently taking Azathioprine 100mg, Esomeprazole 40mg, B12 Injections and various supplements. Azathioprine failing so awaiting next steps
04-12-2017, 09:30 PM   #5
WigglyBelly

So a Reader's Digest version of my story:
Lived my whole life with no real trouble, then about 18 months ago started having bad stomach aches. I figured it was stress (quite stressful time in my life [in a good way]) but then started having D like crazy, couldn't eat. Primary doc sent me to a GI (who I love, I'm quite lucky) who, after endoscopy, CT, and two colonoscopies (another post for another time), diagnosed Crohn's. He said I've likely had it for years due to finding at least 50cm of scar tissue. By the time I got on meds that worked (Azathioprine), I had lost 60 pounds in about four months. Luckily(?), I had that much to lose. I didn't even recognize myself in the mirror.

Currently I'm still on my med regiment and feeling pretty good (is there a knock on wood emoji?). I'm not too limited on food that makes me feel icky but anytime there's a stress spike in my life, even when it's something dumb like I think I lost my keys, I can feel my tummy start to wiggle. Even so, after reading so many stories here, I know my path has been bumpy but nothing like so many people face on a daily basis.
04-12-2017, 10:29 PM   #6
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Thanks for sharing your story.
04-12-2017, 10:50 PM   #7
cmack

My Support Groups:
Hi WigglyBelly,

I can appreciate your struggles. You have found a place to come when others don't understand. Thank you for joining us, it can really help all of us to relate to one another.

You can talk to me any time you like....however I do sleep.

I wish you all the best and consider you a friend.

cmack

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » A Hello and a Thank You