Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Hello, I'm Recently Diagnosed


04-12-2017, 09:52 AM   #1
sfike
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

My Support Groups:
Hello, I'm Recently Diagnosed

Hi guys,
This is my first post here; I'm pretty excited to be a part of this community! I've read some other posts before, but I just created an account today so I can post and become more involved. Anyways, here's my story:
I was recently diagnosed about a month ago on March 13, 2017 after a colonoscopy and endoscopy showed that I have Crohn's in my small intestines (I think the Ileum?) and in various patches in my large intestine. Fun times! Thankfully, my Crohn's is more of a mild case.
I'm currently on Methotrexate (20 milligrams taken once weekly), Folic Acid (1 mg daily), and Vitamin D (2,000 mg daily). I'm also currently on an 80/20 liquid diet, where 80% of my calories come from meal replacement shakes like Boost and Ensure, and the other 20% is for any food I want. The meds and diet seem to be working so far, so that's good!
Anyways, thanks for reading, and I hope you have a great day!
04-12-2017, 09:58 AM   #2
scottsma
Senior Member
 
scottsma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tynemouth, United Kingdom

My Support Groups:
Hello and welcome.Glad you're seeing some improvement.Long may it last.
04-12-2017, 10:07 AM   #3
sfike
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

My Support Groups:
Thanks so much, Scottsma!
04-12-2017, 10:10 AM   #4
scottsma
Senior Member
 
scottsma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tynemouth, United Kingdom

My Support Groups:
04-12-2017, 04:24 PM   #5
ronroush7
Forum Monitor
 
ronroush7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: vienna, Virginia

My Support Groups:
Welcome. You have found a good place to come to.
__________________
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
04-12-2017, 05:03 PM   #6
sfike
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

My Support Groups:
Thanks so much, ronroush7!
04-12-2017, 05:12 PM   #7
ronroush7
Forum Monitor
 
ronroush7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: vienna, Virginia

My Support Groups:
Welcome

Reply

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Hello, I'm Recently Diagnosed
Thread Tools


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 AM.
Copyright 2006-2017 Crohnsforum.com