Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » New here and need some advice

04-19-2017, 09:07 AM   #1
Mandalynn

My Support Groups:
New here and need some advice

I went to the first appt with a GI doctor. I had an anal abscess near my that had burst. She refused to look at it. Told me it was an ingrown hair or a cyst on my lady part from having sex. I'm not sexually active and it def was not in that area. She wouldn't look either was just assuming. She never took a a stool sample noir did blood work. Just ordered a colonoscopy and endoscopy threw meds at me for my diarrhea and told me I have heartburn and threw meds at me for that. I do not have heartburn. She's already saying IBS and ignoring symptoms. I have. Can someone please tell me if this is normal? I'm worried she's going to misdiagnose me.
Thanks any input will be of help for me.
Manda
04-19-2017, 09:28 AM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Maybe you should get a second opinion. You know better about what is going on with your body than your doctor.
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
04-19-2017, 09:32 AM   #3
Sophabulous

My Support Groups:
Sounds very off to me. Definitely get a second opinion if you can, or maybe see a GP?

Currently taking Azathioprine 100mg, Esomeprazole 40mg, B12 Injections and various supplements. Azathioprine failing so awaiting next steps
04-19-2017, 09:49 AM   #4
Mandalynn

My Support Groups:
Will a colonoscopy show signs of crohns if I'm not flaring?
04-19-2017, 09:50 AM   #5
Mandalynn

My Support Groups:
Thanks for the advice I didn't think that I'd have no teats at all. Thought it was crazy!
04-19-2017, 10:04 AM   #6
Scipio

My Support Groups:
Will a colonoscopy show signs of crohns if I'm not flaring?
Possibly, yes. Crohn's patients often have visible lesions, either currently active or older healed ones or permanent scars, even when not having active symptoms of disease.
04-19-2017, 10:16 AM   #7
Jojo9368

Yes please try other GI doctors before you decide on one. Look at reviews from other patients and talk to people in your area.
04-19-2017, 10:28 AM   #8
Mandalynn

My Support Groups:
OK thank you!! I will seek another doctor for these issues. I waoited months for that appointment. And I was actually happy that I had the abcsess ( I have had multiple) at the time I went. It was very disappointing to finally have one and no one even look. I have had mouth ulcers over and over. My rheumatologist thought it was from something autoimmune. I have severe watery diarrhea most of the time. It doesn't matter what I eat. Then constipation for a week then its back to the diarrhea. My bladder they said from a ct scan finding is distended. I'm sure it has something to do with this. And to boot my son is now bleeding when he goes potty and his abdomen gets so swollen sometimes. Its so frustrating between the rheumatologist and these doctors they can't figure it out. Waste my time and his when they just don't look for the obvious! Very discouraging.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » New here and need some advice