Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » SCD and Paleo Diets » SCD/ Paleo lunch on the go ideas???

04-22-2017, 04:55 PM   #1
rachell

SCD/ Paleo lunch on the go ideas???

I'm a mom of a 17 year old who was recently diagnosed with Crohn's. I'm trying to find a SCD/Paleo approved lunch. All the lunch ideas I find include raw vegetables, which he can't eat, or require heating up, etc. Any ideas or suggestions?
04-22-2017, 05:05 PM   #2
Sophabulous

My Support Groups:
If he gets a doctors note for special dietary requirements would he be allowed to heat things up? Just a thought :-)

Currently taking Azathioprine 100mg, Esomeprazole 40mg, B12 Injections and various supplements. Azathioprine failing so awaiting next steps
04-22-2017, 05:07 PM   #3
rachell

If he gets a doctors note for special dietary requirements would he be allowed to heat things up? Just a thought :-)
That's true. I hadn't thought of that... It's something to look into. Thanks!
04-23-2017, 01:20 AM   #4
Justanothercp

My Support Groups:
Can he pack cold stuff? I'm following more SCD and pack my lunch daily: tuna, olives/pickles/sauerkraut, homemade yogurt/berries, any leftovers meat and veggies- I eat them cold, on SCD you can have certain cheeses, bananas, small handful of nuts/seeds, homemade paleo recipe muffins, salads, homemade applesauce. Good luck to you and your son.
04-23-2017, 06:11 PM   #5
Magnolia24

My Support Groups:
I generally just make extra of whatever I'm having for dinner and pack that. I have had access to a microwave which has helped...However I also like eating chicken, salmon, or tuna cold. Hardboiled eggs are great. It sounds like raw fruits and veggies aren't an option? Some cooked veggies are fine cold like carrot or butternut squash puree. SCD gelatin. Bananas are often belly friendly, and are good with almond butter if it is tolerated. Container of SCD yogurt with bananas or boiled/pureed berries. Best wishes to you and your kid! SCD made a HUGE difference for me.
04-24-2017, 06:28 AM   #6
Pilgrim

My Support Groups:
My daughter is 6 and on SCD. I make these buns with almond flour and dry curd cheese that work for sandwiches. Sometimes salad with dressing packed separately. SCD yogurt and berries. Dried fruit. We make crackers which might sound hard to do but isn't. Coconut flour muffins. Banana slices with peanut butter.
05-25-2017, 03:25 PM   #7
schmierie

For lunch on the go I often have tuna, boiled eggs and avocado. But I agree - it's hard to find food to take with you. You can also find Paleo recipes for tortillas or rolls.
05-30-2017, 07:05 PM   #8
rachell

Thanks, everyone!

Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » SCD and Paleo Diets » SCD/ Paleo lunch on the go ideas???