Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Possible diagnosis of crohns

04-29-2017, 03:04 AM   #1
Jillscakes

Possible diagnosis of crohns

Hi, I'm new here, just looking for some advice. I had a colonoscopy on wed which the doc told me there and then that it looked pretty certain it was crohns, but to wait for the biopsies to come back, has anyone else had this and it not turn out to be crohns, or what else could it be?
04-29-2017, 05:58 AM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Welcome. It I'd hard to tell at this point. I hope you hear something soon.
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
04-29-2017, 05:58 AM   #3
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Keep us updated.
04-29-2017, 06:53 AM   #4
eleanor_rigby

My Support Groups:
Hi, it would help if you could tell us a little bit about your symptoms that led to you getting a colonoscopy and if you know what was seen on the colonoscopy. Do you have any family history of IBD? Do you have any other medical conditions? Do you take NSAID medications?

History:
2nd Generation affected

Symptoms since 08/2006 (age 17)

Emergency open bowel resection after perforation in 12/2011 (age 22) (wrongly diagnosed as burst appendix ). Three years remission following this unmonitored

Diagnosis:
Perforating small bowel Crohn's Disease 01/2016 (terminal ileum, duodenum)
Coeliac disease (age 26)

Meds:
50mg azathioprine (down from 75mg after my WBC dropped)
Gluten-free diet
04-29-2017, 07:39 AM   #5
Jillscakes

I was sent for a colonoscopy as have been having bad pains on lower right side and upper left side since having a bad case of diarohea about 3 years ago, along with cramping and bloating and urgency to go to the toilet especially first thing in the morning, some bleeding, but not often so I had put this down to possibly piles, also raised crp levels in blood tests, gp suspected diverticulitis so gave me antibiotics which helped a bit. Colonoscopy also showed extensive diverticulitis. If it is crohns this might make sense as have issues with my skin and also issues with the white of my eye randomly bubbling (the only way I can describe it lol)
04-29-2017, 08:13 PM   #6
Lady Organic
Forum Monitor

if the doctors are pretty certain it is crohn's with the endoscopic view, I believe its very probable it is either CD, ulcerative colitis or indeterminate colitis. These 3 diseases are sometimes hard to differentiate but they are all Inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) (which are all treated very similarly.)
best wishes and let us know!

Diet: ''IBD-AID'' : http://www.nutritionj.com/content/13/1/5+ organic food only
suppl Curcuminoid extract, Inulin,psyllium, apple pectin, Vitamin D

past meds:
pred 50mg, 5-ASA, cortifoam, Imuran (failed) Purinethol (success) methotrexate (failed CD and arthritis).

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Possible diagnosis of crohns