• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Diet - nausea from honey smacks?

I'm never really hungry for real food, but I love cereal. If I'm ever hungry it's what I prefer to eat. Anyways, I use lactaid in my cereal and I've never had a problem with fruit loops or cap n crunch. Yet, when I eat honey smacks I get horrible stomach pain and very sick, which will last a day or two. Does anyone have an idea as to why my stomach hates this particular cereal? Could it possibly be the small amount of honey that is in it?

I agree, if I eat a lot of sugar when I'm flared I get terrible gut pain. Sometimes it's not a big deal and I can eat it normally though too.

Out of curiosity I looked up the ingredients. Honey Smacks are made with dextrose, and the other two are made with sugar. One of the possible side effects of dextrose is stomach pain. I no longer buy anything without checking the labels.