Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Diet - nausea from honey smacks?

05-18-2017, 07:40 PM   #1
MichaelaBrooke

My Support Groups:
Diet - nausea from honey smacks?

I'm never really hungry for real food, but I love cereal. If I'm ever hungry it's what I prefer to eat. Anyways, I use lactaid in my cereal and I've never had a problem with fruit loops or cap n crunch. Yet, when I eat honey smacks I get horrible stomach pain and very sick, which will last a day or two. Does anyone have an idea as to why my stomach hates this particular cereal? Could it possibly be the small amount of honey that is in it?
05-24-2017, 03:13 PM   #2
JessPeper

My Support Groups:
Could be the sugars. I would think that honey smacks would have way more sugar than fruit loops or Captain crunch

Dx with CD 4/16

Ileocecectomy 3/17

Reoccurrence 8/17

Current Medications: Lialda 4.8g daily, Azathioprine 100mg daily, Prednisone 20 mg daily. B12, Folic Acid, Primal Defense probiotic.
05-26-2017, 04:25 PM   #3
JaimeM

My Support Groups:
I agree, if I eat a lot of sugar when I'm flared I get terrible gut pain. Sometimes it's not a big deal and I can eat it normally though too.
Switched to Cimzia but didn't work 2015
Back to Remicade and added Azathioprine 2016
05-26-2017, 04:46 PM   #4
Tuff

My Support Groups:
Out of curiosity I looked up the ingredients. Honey Smacks are made with dextrose, and the other two are made with sugar. One of the possible side effects of dextrose is stomach pain. I no longer buy anything without checking the labels.

Stelara, Warfarin, calcium, Vitamins B12, D.
Previously: 5-Asa, Cipro, Flagyl, Prednisone, Aza, Remicade.
Pulmonary Embolism, DVT's, osteopenia, Peripheral neuropathy.
05-27-2017, 10:42 AM   #5
Bufford

My Support Groups:
It could also be that you have an intolerance to wheat.

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Diet - nausea from honey smacks?