Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » This is my story I hope it we can help each other

05-19-2017, 11:04 AM   #1
American Wolf
This is my story I hope it we can help each other

Well I don't know where to start! I guess I will talk about when I first noticed that some thing was wrong with my body. It was the day after thanksgiving and I was on the toilet since the middle of the day. I thought and my parents thought (I am 18 years old and I live with my parents) it was food poisoning or it was something I ate. Well it was that following week that I was on the toilet still but there was blood in my stool. I knew then that there was something wrong, my mom thought it was a hemorrhage because of me beening on the toilet. I called my primary doctor and they wanted to do blood and stool test. The lab person called me to tell me that both where fine. I was still having to go to the bathroom and start to get more pain in my abdomen area then usual (I always have been no matter what even with my medicine I'm on now) the lab person told me to go to a gi doctor. I meet my doctor in December and was going to get a upper (I have GERD too) and lower scope down. I have had all the "test" done that would show if I had crohn's disease but every thing was fine until I did the colonscopy thing. After that, I start medication and changed my diet, I know that what you eat doesn't really matter if you have crohan's disese but I noticed what I could and what I couldn't eat. I started feeling better but lately I am starting to get worse pain then I have had before and more flare ups. My parents are useless in my opinion because I don't really think they have it. As you all know people who don't have it don't really understand. My parents think it's food poisoning with crohns or its a bug and crohn isn't helping it. Or you are stressed and it's not helping your crohn's. I have been stressed but it's never been this bad. I know most of the time I should call myself but I don't want to be screaming and crying into the phone or rushing to the bathroom with someone on the phone. People who don't have crohans disease or any other similar disease need to understand that and at least try to help. Well I hope that you read this, if you have any questions or advice I am glad to listen to them
05-19-2017, 11:22 AM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Welcome to the forum. You said you are having worse pains. Maybe , your doctor needs to switch dome of your medicine. I am not sure.
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
05-19-2017, 11:47 AM   #3
American Wolf
Maybe my doctor put me on a steroid to help with inflammation and on a normal medication for crohn's I am going to ask him on Monday to see what's going on and hopefully there is some thing to help
05-19-2017, 11:57 AM   #4
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hope the best for you.

05-21-2017, 07:08 PM   #5
American Wolf
Thank you

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » This is my story I hope it we can help each other