Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Prednisone/Entocort » Sushi ~ yay or nay?

05-19-2017, 01:27 PM   #1
Lesli1965

Sushi ~ yay or nay?

So the white rice works and the fish seems to work ~ anyone else able to tolerate it?

05-19-2017, 09:22 PM   #2
Layla

My Support Groups:
Absolutely! I just avoid the ones with seaweed as that doesn't seem to digest that well, but all the ones with white rice and fish, yes.
Just be aware that you could be sensitive to the vinegar they put through the rice, I am for some of them so I only go to certain sushi shops.
Resection due to strictures in 2014
Currently taking: Remicade, amitriptyline, zinc, multi vitamin, b12 shots, Vit D, B complex, magnesium, calcium, Psyllium and the occasional iron infusion

Previously on Humira, Prednisone, Azathioprine, MTX, Pentasa, Asacol, Salofalk
05-19-2017, 09:44 PM   #3
MichaelaBrooke

My Support Groups:
Sometimes I can eat it just fine, other times it makes me sick. Seems to be gamble either way, depending on if my stomach is in a good mood that day.

05-20-2017, 09:43 PM   #4
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
I love sushi. I think an important thing to remember is the is a great difference in quality.....I only eat from trusted sources.......btw- there is an AWESOME sushi place in Williamsburg, VA that I found....... Utter Bliss!!!!!

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
07-26-2017, 05:33 PM   #5
Missmissie

My Support Groups:
Yes! One of the only things I've ever been able to tolerate during bad flares...in the middle of one right now and I'm getting sushi tonight! Weirdly enough too, I can tolerate tempura veggies.
07-27-2017, 01:41 AM   #6
Susan2

My Support Groups:
I love sushi and find that I can tolerate it well. Just be careful of how made up sushi is stored - both cooked rice and raw fish will spoil if not kept in a refrigerated cabinet.
Currently on no medications, but under constant gaze of very caring GP, with annual blood and other tests.

Last edited by Susan2; 07-27-2017 at 08:51 PM.
07-27-2017, 08:46 PM   #7
SoOoO CoNfuSeD

My Support Groups:
Definite yay. BUT be very mindful of where and when it was prepared. In my case, my guts seem to be a little more sensitive to bacteria than they use to be.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Prednisone/Entocort » Sushi ~ yay or nay?