• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Antibodies to remicade? Vitamin D and B deficiency?

So I just finished my introductory phase (0 week, 2 week, 4 week)to remicade.

Before my first 8 week infusion, they took my blood. They called me yesterday and said the results show I am now vitamin D deficient (which is insane to me because I'm a runner and live in Florida, so I'm in the sun too much) and I'm vitamin B deficient too. So I'm now taking supplements. I've never had vitamin issues before. Is this a side effect of crohns or the remicade?

They also said my remicade levels were way too low and my body has developed antibodies and they want me to go four weeks instead of 8 and with a higher dose. They will recheck my blood in 8 weeks.

Has anyone else experienced this? What exactly does this mean? Does this mean the remicade isn't working for me?

I would think the vitamin issue is due to the Crohns disease. I thought it was bad when your body developed antibodies.