Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Weird lump my lower left abdomen

06-01-2017, 02:17 PM   #1
sophier7200

Weird lump my lower left abdomen

I have Crohn's and was recently diagnosed with a flare after a colonoscopy and gastroscopy. I have been on a reducing does of predinsolone steroids to try and control the flare. About 1-2 months ago I was prodding around my abdomen (as you do) trying to see if anything hurt more or less than usual, as I was doing so I felt a long tube-like hard lump near my left hip bone, it starts about 2 cm away from the top of my hip bone and continues to about 4/5 cm above my pubic bone. It doesn't go with bowel movements and I usually feel sharp stabbing pains in that area with a bowel movement although the pain does occur intermittently throughout the day, and there is pain when I press on it, but it's not super extreme. I'm not really sure what it could be, I tried some research but the internet is a bad place to look :P . It would be really great if someone out there could put my mind a little at rest because I'm not going to be able to see my consultant for about 2 weeks. Thank youu x
06-01-2017, 03:33 PM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Can you call your doctor and ask for advice over the phone?
06-01-2017, 04:26 PM   #3
sophier7200

Can you call your doctor and ask for advice over the phone?
It's not super easy for me to get in contact with my consultant, the gp doctors that I can contact unfortunately don't have a lot of experience with Crohn's and don't really have good advice
06-03-2017, 06:38 PM   #4
TK83

I'd go see your GP if it's a long wait to see your consultant. I don't want to worry you but I have a psoas abscess and my symptoms started fairly like this. I then started getting hip pain and sciatica. I've been on antibiotics for a month now and they couldn't drain it. Waiting to see what next option is now. As I said I don't want to scare you but your better of getting it checked. Even if it's something else at least you'll have a head start on it. Hope it goes well

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Weird lump my lower left abdomen