Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Anyone ever have a case of both their Humira pens being defective?

06-02-2017, 11:51 PM   #1
Steve_in_orlando

Anyone ever have a case of both their Humira pens being defective?

I ask because the first pen I used was extremely painful and I had to pull it out so I didn't get hardly any dose.

I then spoke with a Humira nurse who said it was okay to use the second one and that they would send me a replacement pen.

So I used the second one just now and THAT was a mess too. It did seem to hurt more than usual and once again it didn't inject more than a small amount and now I have a small bump there, which I guess is full of the medicine.

Looking at the bottoms of the pens, at the needles themselves, I notice they look very off center. I'll have to call again but I wonder if anyone else ever had this happen?
06-02-2017, 11:54 PM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Sorry but that never happened with me.
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
06-03-2017, 07:56 AM   #3
SCCrohnie

My Support Groups:
You could have them send you syringes instead of pens if you think that would be easier.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Anyone ever have a case of both their Humira pens being defective?