Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Blockages since starting infliximab (Remicade)

06-04-2017, 09:47 AM   #1
Plissken

Blockages since starting infliximab (Remicade)

I've had my 3 loading doses and during that time I have seen some small improvement but the worrying thing is I've had 3 bowel obstructions in this time as well. Thankfully they have shifted after a few hours of pain and fever each time.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm wondering if my small intestines is healing too narrowly?
06-04-2017, 11:47 AM   #2
crohns4ever

My Support Groups:
Hey plissken,
Could be what is happening, I had some scare tissue that was narrow my GI did that balloon dilation to open it back up.
06-04-2017, 05:06 PM   #3
Plissken

Hey plissken,
Could be what is happening, I had some scare tissue that was narrow my GI did that balloon dilation to open it back up.
Did it help? I haven't really spoken to anyone who has had that done. It sounds quite primitive
06-04-2017, 06:53 PM   #4
crohns4ever

My Support Groups:
I had it done back in November, and still going good. He also had me on a low does of predisone for 3 week but he is going to look at the end of summer to see.
06-04-2017, 06:55 PM   #5
crohns4ever

My Support Groups:
But my GI said they hold ounce done but for some they have it done 2 times a year not bad unless you just won't to go under the knife.

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Blockages since starting infliximab (Remicade)