• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Blockages since starting infliximab (Remicade)

I've had my 3 loading doses and during that time I have seen some small improvement but the worrying thing is I've had 3 bowel obstructions in this time as well. Thankfully they have shifted after a few hours of pain and fever each time.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm wondering if my small intestines is healing too narrowly?

Hey plissken,
Could be what is happening, I had some scare tissue that was narrow my GI did that balloon dilation to open it back up.

I had it done back in November, and still going good. He also had me on a low does of predisone for 3 week but he is going to look at the end of summer to see.

But my GI said they hold ounce done but for some they have it done 2 times a year not bad unless you just won't to go under the knife.