Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Fever of 40C - should I go to the hospital?

06-13-2017, 12:29 AM   #1
chronicallypositive

My Support Groups:
Fever of 40C - should I go to the hospital?

I had unprotected sex on Saturday, (I was drunk) but Bf swears he's clean and I trust him. then took plan the day after On Sunday. Now it's Monday and I've got this fever that escalated from 0-10 in a day. It started at around 5:00PM

It's 40.00 Celsius now, (2:00 in the morning)

Should I be concerned?

Sorry about not being active recently- had to graduate college and then had a few crohns disease problems that was messing with my relationship so I was pretty sad. All good now, but now this is happening.

What do I do I'm scared. Am I infected with something?

Currently on Remicade... and a whole regimen of pills and supplements.

Always trying to keep a happy outlook on any situation.
06-13-2017, 01:19 AM   #2
cmack

My Support Groups:
I'm sorry buddy, we all screw up.
06-13-2017, 02:05 AM   #3
cmack

My Support Groups:
If the fever gets bad you better be seen. Have you had tylenol?
06-13-2017, 02:06 AM   #4
cmack

My Support Groups:
Plan B? If you took that it makes you feel like hell. I know a few ladies.
06-13-2017, 08:02 AM   #5
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Good to see you. It doesn't hurt to get checked out.

Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
06-13-2017, 08:39 AM   #6
Jabee

My Support Groups:
That's a pretty high fever. I don't think any STDs from unprotected sex would give you such a high fever, especially so soon afterwards. It's possible the fever is from the plan B you took, but that would be an uncommon side effect. Do you have any symptoms of a UTI? That could easily be the source of the fever; I had a temperature of 39.5 when I had one last summer. If your fever responds to Tylenol, it might be just coincidental. But it's never a bad idea to check in with your GP about something like this. You might also want to get checked for any STDs just as a precaution (no offense to your boyfriend intended).
06-13-2017, 11:56 AM   #7
cmack

My Support Groups:
Everybody claims to be clean in my experience, testing would be a good idea, at least then you wouldn't be constantly worried. In the event you did catch something it would be best to get it treated promptly as well. I hope you are OK.
06-13-2017, 07:19 PM   #8
chronicallypositive

My Support Groups:
That's a pretty high fever. I don't think any STDs from unprotected sex would give you such a high fever, especially so soon afterwards. It's possible the fever is from the plan B you took, but that would be an uncommon side effect. Do you have any symptoms of a UTI? That could easily be the source of the fever; I had a temperature of 39.5 when I had one last summer. If your fever responds to Tylenol, it might be just coincidental. But it's never a bad idea to check in with your GP about something like this. You might also want to get checked for any STDs just as a precaution (no offense to your boyfriend intended).

I went to the ER just for the hell of it... fever is still there but a little lower. Got tested, ect. Everything looked fine but they took some blood cultures just in case. It could just be something viral. I called my GI too. Blaaaah

Here's to getting better! This fever is horrible, I'm sweating buckets!
06-13-2017, 07:20 PM   #9
chronicallypositive

My Support Groups:
Everybody claims to be clean in my experience, testing would be a good idea, at least then you wouldn't be constantly worried. In the event you did catch something it would be best to get it treated promptly as well. I hope you are OK.

I trust him completely though. But I did go get tested.
06-13-2017, 07:26 PM   #10
cmack

My Support Groups:
Take good care of yourself. I hope all is well.
06-14-2017, 09:41 PM   #11
chronicallypositive

My Support Groups:
Looks like I might have a UTI! Im un-symptomatic though, oddly enough. They say that can happen sometimes though.

Oh Cipro now twice daily. :/

I hope this doesnt mess with my Remicade infusion on the 24th.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Fever of 40C - should I go to the hospital?