Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Bowel Resection - Diarrhea - Hemorrhoids

06-26-2017, 07:04 PM   #1
alebeau4106

Bowel Resection - Diarrhea - Hemorrhoids

Hello,

I wrote on this forum a year or so ago after my surgery - small bowel resection. Since then, while my overall condition, mood and energy-level have been better, my diarrhea has only improved minimally and now, as a result of constantly water stool, hemorrhoid seem to occasionally flare up.

My questions are:

(1) Is there anything that you guys do to help with making stool firmer? (It would be great to have more 'regular' bowel-movemenets again!)

(2) Does anyone suggest anything for the hemorrhoids? (They can sometimes be pretty painful, and probably unwisely, I end up squeezing them to relieve tension.) Before saying consult doctor, she hasn't told me anything super useful.

Thank you guys for all your help!

André
06-26-2017, 08:55 PM   #2
Layla

My Support Groups:
Have you tried psyllium? I take a teaspoon full stirred through a glass of water before breakfast in the morning most days. It works to thicken up things a little and it's great for that.
Do be aware to not take medications within a few hours as they might not get absorbed as weel as they should.
Resection due to strictures in 2014
Currently taking: amitriptyline, zinc, multi vitamin, b12 shots, Vit D, B complex, magnesium, calcium, Psyllium and the occasional iron infusion, probably sarting a medical trial soon

Previously on Remicade, Humira, Prednisone, Azathioprine, MTX, Pentasa, Asacol, Salofalk
06-28-2017, 09:44 PM   #3
alebeau4106

Thanks Layla! I will definitely give the psyllium a shot and be sure to let you know how it goes!

Anyone have any recommendations of what I can do about the hemorrhoids? Should I just be a little more vocal about it with my doctor and have her to check it out?

Thanks for your help!

André

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Bowel Resection - Diarrhea - Hemorrhoids