• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bowel Resection - Diarrhea - Hemorrhoids

Hello,

I wrote on this forum a year or so ago after my surgery - small bowel resection. Since then, while my overall condition, mood and energy-level have been better, my diarrhea has only improved minimally and now, as a result of constantly water stool, hemorrhoid seem to occasionally flare up.

My questions are:

(1) Is there anything that you guys do to help with making stool firmer? (It would be great to have more 'regular' bowel-movemenets again!)

(2) Does anyone suggest anything for the hemorrhoids? (They can sometimes be pretty painful, and probably unwisely, I end up squeezing them to relieve tension.) Before saying consult doctor, she hasn't told me anything super useful.

Thank you guys for all your help!

André

Have you tried psyllium? I take a teaspoon full stirred through a glass of water before breakfast in the morning most days. It works to thicken up things a little and it's great for that.
Do be aware to not take medications within a few hours as they might not get absorbed as weel as they should.

Thanks Layla! I will definitely give the psyllium a shot and be sure to let you know how it goes!

Anyone have any recommendations of what I can do about the hemorrhoids? Should I just be a little more vocal about it with my doctor and have her to check it out?

Thanks for your help!

André